Home

Super Bowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts v. New Orleans Saints

This is a discussion on Super Bowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts v. New Orleans Saints within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:33 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Super Bowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts v. New Orleans Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
What hate are you talking about? You're saying that the Colts are going to win because they beat the Jets(who the Saints also beat) and Ravens, two teams with predictable offenses. The Saints are the best offense in the league for a reason, not only can they pass with anyone but they can run as well as anybody else.
Regardless if Colts faced two "one-dimensional" offenses I dont think that takes anything away from their playoff performance (not implying that you said that). When you say they can pass with anyone theres no argument there, but running the ball as anyone im not so sure. Im not sure if you heard, but the Jets and Ravens were two of the top rushing teams in the league all year, and the Colts shut them down. In my opinion this defense is more geared to stop the pass, and now they are just absolutely stuffing the run. So dont take anything away from the Colts just because they faced two "one-dimensional" offenses, because these "one-dimensional" offenses were effective enough to make it into the postseason and even the AFC championship.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #74
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Geaux Saints!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #75
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Will be interesting to see how Greer plays against Wayne. According to Football Outsiders he was the #2 CB this year behind Revis.
Greer has been lights out all season. Definitely one of the best cornerbacks all season... that's not the matchup I'm worried about, though. I'm more about Garcon/Collie/Wayne. We contain them, we win the game IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #76
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbo24
Regardless if Colts faced two "one-dimensional" offenses I dont think that takes anything away from their playoff performance (not implying that you said that). When you say they can pass with anyone theres no argument there, but running the ball as anyone im not so sure. Im not sure if you heard, but the Jets and Ravens were two of the top rushing teams in the league all year, and the Colts shut them down. In my opinion this defense is more geared to stop the pass, and now they are just absolutely stuffing the run. So dont take anything away from the Colts just because they faced two "one-dimensional" offenses, because these "one-dimensional" offenses were effective enough to make it into the postseason and even the AFC championship.
The guy said that the Saints will lose because the Colts beat the Jets and Ravens, which is why I brought up their one-dimensional offenses.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Greer has been lights out all season. Definitely one of the best cornerbacks all season... that's not the matchup I'm worried about, though. I'm more about Garcon/Collie/Wayne. We contain them, we win the game IMO.
You forgot about Dallas Clark. He is the most dangerous after Wayne, maybe even more dangerous.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #78
Rookie

dmanzano's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll be rooting for the Saints, but they're not gonna win unless their pass D steps up its game big time, imo. And the Colts aren't gonna fumble 59 times like the viking did yesterday.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Did you guys see how much the Saints hit Farve????? Manning can't win if he is getting hit in the mouth all game!!

I am expecting the Saints to come out and stay with the Colts offensively. Then the biggest silent factor of the Saints Vikings game is the Saints defense flat out abused Farve. Manning is not use to taking that abuse and I can see him folding and showing his cards come fourth quarter.

Like a heavy weight fight, it is going to come down to willpower and who has the strong "desire" to win. I think Brees will pull out the W because of this. Manning lets his emotions get the best of him at times.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 8
Icon4 Re: Super Bowl XLIV: Indianapolis Colts v. New Orleans Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Did you guys see how much the Saints hit Farve????? Manning can't win if he is getting hit in the mouth all game!!

I am expecting the Saints to come out and stay with the Colts offensively. Then the biggest silent factor of the Saints Vikings game is the Saints defense flat out abused Farve. Manning is not use to taking that abuse and I can see him folding and showing his cards come fourth quarter.

Like a heavy weight fight, it is going to come down to willpower and who has the strong "desire" to win. I think Brees will pull out the W because of this. Manning lets his emotions get the best of him at times.
Your not going be at home you hit Manning late like you did Brett expect a lot of 15 yrd ruffing calls.
Pacers/Heat
Michigan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »