Home

Who will be the next team to debut in the superbowl?

This is a discussion on Who will be the next team to debut in the superbowl? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #49
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Who will be the next team to debut in the superbowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
You're acting as if the AFC is unbeatable or something, and you're flat out wrong. Period. No team is unbeatable in this era. If they were so unbeatable or just soooo incredibly better than the NFC, we wouldn't have had so many competitive Super Bowls over the past decade.

... And that's the game we're talking about. The Super Bowl, see thread title.
I do think that you are missing the point. His point is that the road to the Super Bowl is easier in the NFC. It doesn't matter who wins the Super Bowl as the thread's OP is asking who will be the next team to debut in it, a la the Saints.

The arguement is that the 5 non Super Bowl NFC teams are weaker and easier to beat on the way to the Super Bowl than the 5 non Super Bowl AFC teams. While it's impossible to have factual evidence since those teams won't be playing each other in the playoffs, I think most people would agree that Peyton, Brady, Roethlisberger, & Rivers are scarier than McNabb, Rodgers, Warner(or most likely Leinart now), & Brees.(I tried to pick the most likely division winner)
Old 01-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
And as usual you have to reply in a less than civil manner.
It gets frustrating arguing with you and your New Jersey cohorts. At least they've been affected by the radiation and chemicals; I'm not sure what the cause of your inability to process what you read is.

Quote:
I've missed no point at all.
YES YOU HAVE

Nobody is talking about winning the Super Bowl.

We're talking about getting to the Super Bowl.

Quote:
... And that's the game we're talking about. The Super Bowl, see thread title.
No it's not. We're talking about the 2-3 games preceding the Super Bowl.

Quote:
You say that as if the scenario is some kinda NFL rule,
It actually is an NFL rule.

Unless you think the Texans will finish higher than the Colts (of whom they've never come within four games of), they would be playing two set in stone road games and the third game would almost certainly be another road game.

Quote:
We're not psychics, we don't know what they'll do in the future.
I may not be a psychic, but when I can judge what I see.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #51
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
My factual point was and still is:

1. The AFC is not as dominant as the NFC was during its run.
Ok dammit, I gotta go for the AFC and Colts now in this year's SB (even though my heart wants the Saints to win), the NFC fans wont let this drop and it will be nice to be tied up and take the lead after next year as a conference.

I gotta remember its the Lions, Saints, Cards and Bucs that had a large part in the so called NFC dominance in being such weak teams during that stretch making getting to the SB so easy and the NFC playoff teams being more rested for the big games during those years.

If you don't think easy games make a difference you are dead wrong, just ask FSU before Miami, BC and VT joined the ACC.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 01-29-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #52
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Any team can turn its play around in 4 seasons. The Carolina Panthers were 1-15 in 2001. They went to the SB in 2003. That's only 2 years so I don't see why the Lions couldn't make it in 4 with all of their young talent.
Very true like I said it's the NFL and who knows didn't the Jags and Panthers make the title games in year 1 of their respective franchises?

At any rate it just seems highly improbable and unlikely but I'll believe it when I see it.
If you asked me 3 years ago if the Saints would potentially be where they are now I would have said yes, they had many facets of the clockwork in place even back then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »