Home

Todd McShay`s brutally honest assesmemt of Timmy T

This is a discussion on Todd McShay`s brutally honest assesmemt of Timmy T within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Todd McShay`s brutally honest assesmemt of Timmy T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Is Tebow really that fast though? Seems like most wildcats want someone like Cribbs, Brown, Vick, or Brad Smith who have a lot more speed but can throw the ball...

Just seems tough to find a position for him, kinda like the old option QB's from Nebraska and the like in the 80's and 90's
That's a bit of a misconception about the Wildcat. A lot of what the Dolphins run out of that formation is just brutal inside running. Many of the big outside runs come from the motion man of the sweep. At times, it's simply a glorified goal line formation. Tebow is probably a better fit for that inside stuff that a small guy like Pat White.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
Pro

Uhfan's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Scouts knew he wasn't going to be a NFL qb. The senior bowl just confirmed that he doesn't have the tools to be a pro style qb and unless you are drafted in the first 3 round in the draft most teams will not spend practice time developing his qb skill sets.

I want to know why didn't he practice in off season on taking snaps under the center, working on his drops, and his release.
Wasn't he going on church missions or something???
Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I feel so good for Jake Locker right about now... That he's got a coach who actually teaches him things about being a QB (Sark), instead of just using and abusing his athleticism out of the shotgun (Willingham). If Sark hadn't come along you'd be hearing some of these same things about Locker next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 04:04 AM   #12
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Has he even shown the ability to catch the ball? Who knows maybe he might have hands of stone.

I watched a few UF games during his tenure and every game i've seen of him he's shown some "wow" stuff but then his inability to make reads and his somewhat weak arm overwhelm all those "intangibles" which is very troubling.

He seems like a great guy but he's just not a pro QB IMO. If i'm wrong then i'll go out and say I was wrong and even be a fan of his but as of now I think if he tries to be a QB in the NFL he'll be a failure or at the best a huge disappointment from what everyone expected of him.
This.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 27

I don't think any of the assessments on him have been wrong or unwarranted. We've seen for 4 years what he can't do as a passer, and we see it again at the Senior Bowl.

Now, he could be one of those guys that practice poorly and for some reason step up big come gametime, and if there is any player ever coming out of College who could do that it would be Tebow. But that's a stretch. No matter how "game" he is, when the ball doesn't get there fast enough in the NFL, it's picked off more often than not. I just don't believe he'll overcome that.

But I gotta say, this is the first Senior Bowl in a very long time that I'm actually anticipating, and I only wanna see one guy play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »