Home

Revis, Asomugha together as Jets?

This is a discussion on Revis, Asomugha together as Jets? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #17

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Revis, Asomugha together as Jets?

If that happened Brady can say hello to the new AFC East Champs! I don't think it would happen but, it'd be nice to see that defense whoop Brady Bunches *ss for a long period of time which is definitely possible now with or without Asomugha.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #18
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
If that happened Brady can say hello to the new AFC East Champs! I don't think it would happen but, it'd be nice to see that defense whoop Brady Bunches *ss for a long period of time which is definitely possible now with or without Asomugha.
That would be fun to see, Personally i hate Brady.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #19
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

while i doubt it will happen. if they really wanted too thanks to the uncapped year coming up. they could pay both these guys big upfront money this year. and work it so the cap hit isnt that bad headed into future years. this is a stratergy alot of teams are gonna use this year. to lock up there big time players.

but its a pipe dream. just thought it was interesting Nmandi sounds like he really wants to be a Jet.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 36

C'MON AL DAVIS, DO SOMETHING STUPID!!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #21
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Oakland Raiders star Asomugha was smiling when he brought up the dream scenario, but insisted he was "dead serious" and has spoken to New York Jets coach Rex Ryan about it.*

"Me and Revis have been talking to Rex to try to do something," Asomugha said. "You may see us in the future. There's a little bit of talk going on. Either he's coming to Oakland or something else will happen."*
I see nothing in the article about him going to the Jets. I know the title says it, but all i see is a quote about Revis going to Oakland. I think they should take a pay cut to play together somewhere either way though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #22
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

In order for Asomugha to leave Oakland, Jets would have to trade Al Davis an athlete that he'd salivate over... someone that would definitely interest him and must be included in the package (but not the centerpiece obviously) would be Vernon Gholston. We all know Gholston is a physical freak and Davis is in love with those type of players. Along with Gholston, the Jets might also include a couple draft picks and perhaps WR Clowney or S Rhodes. Draft picks are not what New York wants to trade right now.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #23
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

another story just hit the news wire. let the speculation continue

Quote:
I love New York ... as the next home of Nnamdi Asomugha, the Raiders' Pro Bowl cornerback who apparently has his eye on joining the Jets.
Get rid of Nnamdi? The sanest voice in the NFL's looniest locker room? The Raiders' best player, at least among those who don't kick a football for a living?
Yes, yes and yes. Do the deal, as long as Al Davis nabs a franchise-saving package of draft picks and players in return.
Asomugha's value is sky high. The Raiders, since Asomugha's rookie year of 2003, have been 6 feet under.
Even at his peak, he hasn't stopped their tailspin and five-win seasons. He is a magnificent bargaining chip who could generate a blockbuster trade, along the standard set by Herschel Walker going from the Dallas Cowboys to the Minnesota Vikings in 1989.
The Cowboys parlayed that trade into a dynasty-building effort. Davis lives to build another dynasty as the Raiders' watch commander, and he is annually making high-profile trades. Asomugha chirped up about a "dead serious" trade scenario after Sunday night's Pro Bowl. The goal: To partner up with his fellow AFC starting cornerback, the Jets' Darrelle Revis.
"Me and Revis have been talking to Rex (Ryan, the Jets coach) to try to do something," Asomugha told espn.com. "You may see us in the future. There's a little bit of talk going on. Either he's coming to Oakland or something else will happen."
Revis isn't coming

Advertisement
******** language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> yld_mgr.place_ad_here("adPosBox");

to Oakland, so eliminate that scenario right now. The Jets absolutely cannot part ways with the player who keyed their surprising run to the AFC Championship game. And what could the Raiders even give up to acquire a player of Revis' stature? Packaging All-Pro punter Shane Lecher, soon-to-be-franchise-tagged defensive lineman Richard Seymour and still-too-invisible running back Darren McFadden? That could be intriguing, but the Jets aren't the team in desperate need of such sweeping roster changes.
The "something else will happen" scenario makes a ton more sense. Asomugha phrased it brilliantly. He didn't rip the Raiders, saving him from Al's evil eye patch. He simply opened a door to an inviting idea.
"This is a team where the players, we can speak up as much as we want. But there are people in charge and that's how the show is going to be run," Asomugha told the NFL Network at Pro Bowl practice last week. "We definitely have talent. It goes to us being a little more disciplined when we're out on the field."
What could the Jets give up in return? They've got draft picks (29th overall this year, a first-rounder next year to replace the one Oakland gave up for Seymour in 2009). Other bait: an expendable quarterback in Kellen Clemens, a restricted free agent in wide receiver Braylon Edwards and a draft bust in defensive end Vernon Gholston, whom Davis might eye as a trademark reclamation project (along with the current JaMarcus Russell project).
One team's trash (and a slew of draft picks) could be treasure in Davis' mind. If Davis fails to make good with that incoming bounty, it could convince him to hire a personnel czar.
Asomugha is the type of player any franchise should covet, especially the Raiders. He is a wonderful role model, both on the field and off it. He worked his way to elite status and is rarely tested (hence: only one interception each of past three seasons).
New York would love him.
Oakland would mourn losing him. But Oakland-area fans are numb to seeing homegrown stars leave town for multiple prospects (see: A's, Billy Beane). And Raiders fans are used to high-profile trades: Randy Moss in 2005 (and '07), DeAngelo Hall in '08 and Seymour in '09. None of those trades reaped the benefits Davis anticipated.
Trading away Asomugha won't guarantee success, either. But an attractive, meaty deal — plus a heady combination of other personnel moves, including the release of Russell — might stop the Raiders' slide.
Asomugha, 28, will be entering the second season of a three-year, $45.3 million contract, including a team option for 2011. He is financially set regardless of his uniform.
Massive trades have been nearly impossible thanks to the salary cap's birth in 1993. Well, thanks to the soon-to-expire collective-bargaining agreement, 2010 stands to be an uncapped year. Financial ramifications of any major deal don't face the normal blockade.
"Seven straight years of losing isn't fun for anyone," Asomugha said in his NFL Network cameo.
Envisioning a franchise-saving trade, however, makes for a fun debate in February.
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...nclick_check=1
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 02-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #24
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Envisioning a franchise-saving trade, however, makes for a fun debate in February.
Which is all this whole thing is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »