Home

Tebow To The Browns? Let the rumors begin.

This is a discussion on Tebow To The Browns? Let the rumors begin. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #17
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Tebow To The Browns? Let the rumors begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTZball
This.

Tim Tebow is one guy I want to see succeed in the NFL, I am rooting for him to prove everyone wrong. With that said, they hype for Tebow being a success far outweighs reality. That could cost a team and a GM his career.

I'd be very surprised to see him go before round three, very surprised.

Full disclosure: I hate Tebow. Normally I root for the running QBs, but I cannot stand the hype surrounding him, nor his holier-than-thou attitude.

Having said that the only thing stopping him from NFL success is mechanics. He's coachable and motivated. The biggest problem is his overall lack of arm strength. The windup and step he uses to put velocity on the ball slow down his release to the point that it can be easily anticipated. Speeding up his release without substantially reducing his ball velocity will be difficult.

The rest of it: his accuracy, his snaps under center, his ball security, those things can be fixed with reps.

Kordell, Leftwich, Brooks. All struggled with a slow windup. Cunningham was able to overcome it early in his career by being a great scrambler. I'm not sure Tebow will be the scrambler in the NFL that he was in college. He's not very elusive, and he's just not going to be able to run over NFL linebackers like he did in college.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #18
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Full disclosure: I hate Tebow. Normally I root for the running QBs, but I cannot stand the hype surrounding him, nor his holier-than-thou attitude.

Having said that the only thing stopping him from NFL success is mechanics. He's coachable and motivated. The biggest problem is his overall lack of arm strength. The windup and step he uses to put velocity on the ball slow down his release to the point that it can be easily anticipated. Speeding up his release without substantially reducing his ball velocity will be difficult.

The rest of it: his accuracy, his snaps under center, his ball security, those things can be fixed with reps.

Kordell, Leftwich, Brooks. All struggled with a slow windup. Cunningham was able to overcome it early in his career by being a great scrambler. I'm not sure Tebow will be the scrambler in the NFL that he was in college. He's not very elusive, and he's just not going to be able to run over NFL linebackers like he did in college.
Nice post. I for one will find the Tebow journey a fun one and it all starts on Draft Day. It will be one career I will take the time to watch unfold. Whether or not that's all too involved remains to be seen.

I know one thing is certain: Madden 11 will see me doing a Tebow franchise on this forum
Old 02-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTZball
Nice post. I for one will find the Tebow journey a fun one and it all starts on Draft Day. It will be one career I will take the time to watch unfold. Whether or not that's all too involved remains to be seen.

I know one thing is certain: Madden 11 will see me doing a Tebow franchise on this forum
Speaking of draft day experiences...

I hate the Browns and I hate Brady Quinn. My best draft day experience was watching him HIDE FROM THE CAMERAS at the draft when he dropped like a hot rock to number 22. He looked like he was choking back tears the whole time, it was priceless.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Speaking of draft day experiences...

I hate the Browns and I hate Brady Quinn. My best draft day experience was watching him HIDE FROM THE CAMERAS at the draft when he dropped like a hot rock to number 22. He looked like he was choking back tears the whole time, it was priceless.
Most Browns fans have hated the Browns over the past 10 seasons.

Brady Quinn is a punk a** frat boy and the only people that want to see him start at this point are Dublin Homers and Girls.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't know if Tebow is going to make it as a QB in the NFL, but I do know that I am not going to listen to scouts who are telling me he can't play at that level. These same scouts are now telling me that Jonathan Crompton has the skills/abilities to play in the NFL and you could see his name climbing up the draft board. Anyone who has watched Crompton the last 3 years knows this is crazy talk.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »