Home

Ravens interested in TO

This is a discussion on Ravens interested in TO within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Ravens interested in TO

T.O. is old as dirt. His performance over the past few seasons has gone way down. TO can no longer perform like he use to. He needs to retire and be done with it period. Not to many teams are out there left that will take a risk on him.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 03-01-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
T.O. is old as dirt. His performance over the past few seasons has gone way down. TO can no longer perform like he use to. He needs to retire and be done with it period. Not to many teams are out there left that will take a risk on him.
Apparently the Ravens are one. And though every fan who thinks their team needs a WR wants the best one in the NFL, the Ravens are built to be a good fit for what TO can still offer (for a short term fix).
Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Apparently the Ravens are one. And though every fan who thinks their team needs a WR wants the best one in the NFL, the Ravens are built to be a good fit for what TO can still offer (for a short term fix).
Two is and has always been a 3rd down HB playing out of position. His hands suck for a WR and he's not a natural receiver. He WILL drop the crucial 3rd down pass. It's what he does. Superhuman catch on one play, dropped easy pass on the next.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Didn't he hate the idea of playing in Baltimore because the city or something was supposedly racist against black people?

I remember Baltimore wanting to get him, almost had him, then he backed out talking something about race or whatever.

I guess if they get him now, they could do worse, but I'd rather Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin if they could make either (or both...?) happen.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Two is and has always been a 3rd down HB playing out of position. His hands suck for a WR and he's not a natural receiver. He WILL drop the crucial 3rd down pass. It's what he does. Superhuman catch on one play, dropped easy pass on the next.
Don't know why you keep calling him "Two", lol. Typo?

Many #1 WRs that get targeted alot drop a lot of passes. The ones that run their mouths or bring attention to themselves get called out for it (rightfully so). It's also more notable when it happens at certain times but Edwards, for example, started getting heat when he snapped back at fans booing him. He had a fair share of drops the year he put up elite numbers too.

Anyway, with that said, the Ravens don't need a Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson type of WR. I'd love for them to have one just like I think any fan would, but they don't need a player of that level. The TO of today would be a good fit. Now if Flacco decided to target him the way he's targeted Mason the last couple of years, then yeah there'd probably be a problem. But the idea is to have TO, Stallworth, hopefully Mason and a couple of young guys in the mix (not to mention Heap and Ray Rice). The guy also has the type of work ethic that could help any of the young WRs on the team, while the team should have the type of leadership to keep any trash he may spit out from poisoning the young guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #22
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Don't know why you keep calling him "Two", lol. Typo?

Many #1 WRs that get targeted alot drop a lot of passes. The ones that run their mouths or bring attention to themselves get called out for it (rightfully so). It's also more notable when it happens at certain times but Edwards, for example, started getting heat when he snapped back at fans booing him. He had a fair share of drops the year he put up elite numbers too.

Anyway, with that said, the Ravens don't need a Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson type of WR. I'd love for them to have one just like I think any fan would, but they don't need a player of that level. The TO of today would be a good fit. Now if Flacco decided to target him the way he's targeted Mason the last couple of years, then yeah there'd probably be a problem. But the idea is to have TO, Stallworth, hopefully Mason and a couple of young guys in the mix (not to mention Heap and Ray Rice). The guy also has the type of work ethic that could help any of the young WRs on the team, while the team should have the type of leadership to keep any trash he may spit out from poisoning the young guys.
I think TO would make a good addition as long as he's willing to play his role. Also as long as Ray Lewis is willing to beat his *** and keep him in line from being a diva lol
Old 03-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Didn't he hate the idea of playing in Baltimore because the city or something was supposedly racist against black people?

I remember Baltimore wanting to get him, almost had him, then he backed out talking something about race or whatever.

I guess if they get him now, they could do worse, but I'd rather Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin if they could make either (or both...?) happen.
I don't think anyone would argue that Marshall or Boldin would be better, but like I said, you can't just get those guys because you want them. He may be the best realistic option but we'll see. I'm sure Ozzie won't rush on this one unless he already knows those guys are off the table.

As for TO the former Raven, he didn't want to come to Baltimore bc he didn't believe they had a worthy QB to throw to him (Boller). I believe that was a different TO and Flacco is clearly a different QB. Just bc you mentioned it, I'd have to say it'd be funny to think Baltimore or the Ravens have race issues. Their best players (Reed and Ray) are black and huge leaders in the community, and their well respected GM is also. The city's current (and previous) mayor is black and there are two HBCUs in the city (Morgan and Coppin). It's known recently for The Wire and The Corner and historically for Fredrick Douglas and housing and employing free blacks during times of slavery.

I know that's extremely off topic and toeing the lines of the TOS, but didn't want anyone thinking that... especially a Ravens fan. I'm also sure the DC folk on here could provide other proof of what I'm saying but that'd definitely cross the TOS line.

EDIT: "race issue" is probably a bad way to put it as that exists pretty much everywhere still... just not in a way in Baltimore that would stop a player (of any race) from wanting to be here.

Last edited by wwharton; 03-01-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I think TO would make a good addition as long as he's willing to play his role. Also as long as Ray Lewis is willing to beat his *** and keep him in line from being a diva lol
lol, yeah that's the question. Is TO ready to "play his role"? I think he is... I think he was last year but unfortunately the Bills just weren't very good. Deep down I don't think TO is much different from Ray. The difference just happens to be a very important one... they both want to get the most out of the players around them, but while Ray is amazing at it TO is horrible. The problem is, TO has been on teams where there was a vacancy in that role and that's not the case on the Ravens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »