Home

NFL Personnel men concerned by marijuana epidemic re: draft class

This is a discussion on NFL Personnel men concerned by marijuana epidemic re: draft class within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #41
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NFL Personnel men concerned by marijuana epidemic re: draft class

Seriously, marijuana is not addictive yet a doctor would rather prescribe my a habit forming sleeping pill, curious....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #42
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I think habit-forming and addictive are two different things. I know people who are total stoners, and totally worthless.

I also know totally functioning alcoholics....

All that to say this, it's more a judgment issue I think when you look at these players. "We want him to perform at a top level. Does the plant help? Probably not."
Old 03-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #43
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Wonder if anyone of you ever worked with someone that was high.. I used to own a cleaning business and had a guy that was great. Next thing I know he starts coming in high and I couldnt get him to do anything. He was pretty much oblivious as to what was going on around him.

" Get that carpet right there bud "
" Ok "
Come back 5 minutes later " Dont forget that carpet "
" Ok "
5 minutes later " Did you get that carpet yet? "
"Huh" What carpet? "
"Nevermind Ill get it ".

A great worker and person that became a moron by using that " harmless " drug.

Just like a drunk.. Dont know how stupid they are when they are high nor the danger they put others in.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:42 PM   #44
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Wonder if anyone of you ever worked with someone that was high.. I used to own a cleaning business and had a guy that was great. Next thing I know he starts coming in high and I couldnt get him to do anything. He was pretty much oblivious as to what was going on around him.

" Get that carpet right there bud "
" Ok "
Come back 5 minutes later " Dont forget that carpet "
" Ok "
5 minutes later " Did you get that carpet yet? "
"Huh" What carpet? "
"Nevermind Ill get it ".

A great worker and person that became a moron by using that " harmless " drug.

Just like a drunk.. Dont know how stupid they are when they are high nor the danger they put others in.
That is such a Cop out. You blame the weed when the Guy was lazy, How about blaming the Guy because he shouldn't be working when he is stoned. Just like you don't get high on cough medicine and try and go to work. If you know that weed makes you lazy, you are still making a conscious decision to smoke weed.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 62

Honestly to relax my nerves, before both ***s of the bar exam I smoked to get to sleep. Since I passed there were obviously no ill effects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #46
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

I doubt players are smiking before tge game
Old 04-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #47
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Seriously, you cannot believe this. Their are Scientifically proven medical reasons to Use Marijuana, Besides the fact that it has never killed any living creature in the History of the Planet. I smoke weed to fall asleep at night because I witnessed certain event that can keep me awake. Smoking a joint before I fall asleep ensures I fall alseep quickly and I get a great nights sleep.

Telling me that I only smoke because I want to smoke rather ignorant.
First what exactly was I replying to?

Quote:
If you are an athlete and you want a buzz what are you going to do? Are you going to consume a ton of empty calories to get that buzz, or are you going to smoke a plant while in taking 0 calories?
So unless your job is *****ing you millions of dollars and you're intentionally breaking the law with the potential of sacrificing that job, your personal experiences don't really match up to what we're talking about. You smoking to go to sleep doesn't compare to high paid athlete wanting a "buzz". And even if all that were the case, claiming that you're choosing weed over something else like alcohol (assuming that was meant since the calories were brought up) in an attempt to be healthy is laughable. So yes, the only reason they're smoking is bc they want to smoke.

Second, despite your personal feelings about weed it's illegal. Unless you can present your personal medical marijuana card, all the facts about how it can be obtained legally mean nothing in your personal example or any athlete we're talking about. And we both know that if you tried to get a card bc you need help sleeping you'd be laughed at. There are legal things you can do to help you fall asleep but you choose not to. I'm not faulting you for that or even saying what you do is wrong, but lets not pretend that you need to smoke. You smoke bc you want to smoke.

Don't know if you can tell but you're coming off as extremely defensive and taking all of this very personally. May want to dial it back a bit. You don't know my feelings on weed or anyone else's here. I'm simply speaking facts. Fact is it's illegal for you, me and probably every athlete in this country. Anyone that smokes despite that isn't doing it for a need, they're doing it bc they want to. I'm sure if you felt there was a chance you could get a life sentence for possession of a joint you'd find something else to help you sleep so it's more about personal benefit vs consequences than the need you're trying to present.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I doubt players are smiking before tge game
I don't know about that...for example some at Mark Sanchez's decisions on the field made me wonder how stoned he was at times.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »