Home

The Detroit Lions are Seriously Considering Trading for Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown

This is a discussion on The Detroit Lions are Seriously Considering Trading for Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14
The Detroit Lions are Seriously Considering Trading for Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown

Quote:
According to multiple media sources the Detroit Lions are actively talking to Miami about a trade for running back Ronnie Brown.

I can confirm that news tonight.

I just talked to a good source of mine, and according to them Detroit is talking very seriously about trying to put together a deal that would land them the Dolphins starting running back.

I was told Detroit was looking into Bills running back Marshawn Lynch, but ultimalty wasn't willing to give up their second-round draft, which is Buffalo's current asking price, to get him.

While that is rumored to be the same asking price for Brown, the Lions feel more comfortable with the former Auburn star. One person lobbying for him is Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Linehan was the coordinator for Miami in 2005 when Brown was drafted.

I'm hearing that Detroit won't make any moves until the draft, and will only try to put together a package for Brown if they don't like any of the players available when their pick is up. The package would likely include a pick from this year, and possibly next year as well.

Miami just gave up this years second-round pick, and next years, to acquire wide receiver Brandon Marshal from the Denver Broncos. They are looking to add draft picks, and just traded wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr to the 49ers Today. It is being reported that the Dolphins will receive this years 49ers fifth-round draft choice in return.

To be clear, I'm being told that the Lions would still much rather draft a young starting caliber back for the future, in next weeks NFL Draft. They don't view Brown, who will turn 29 in December, as a long-term solution.

Unless the Bills lower their asking price, it seems that right now the Lions are much more likely to make a play for Brown if a trade does go down.

This is just one more thing to watch as the draft approaches.

One way or another, Detroit will add a starting running back yet this off-season.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...g-ronnie-brown

i would be sad if this happens i would hate for ronnie brown to be traded but i also understand its a business and hes a aging rb who doesnt stay healthy

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The Detroit Lions are Seriously Considering Trading for Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown

Damn I really want to see Brown stay. When healthy hes one of the best, but I also understand hes injury prone and up their with age. If we get a 2nd for him then we can fill another position of need and maybe get Jahvid Best in the 3rd to go with Ricky Williams.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:00 AM   #3
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Detroit Lions are Seriously Considering Trading for Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown

No....don't do it. Keep the pick, get another lineman with it, and let's continue building.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:25 AM   #4

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

He is always hurt, I want Spiller!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

let me get this right they won't give there 2nd for marshawn but might for ronnie brown ?

i do not see that happening marshawn to me has more value because of the age factor. ronnie brown is dynamic but i would not want him as you guys stated he gets hurt alot and when he is down its usually season ending.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

If miami can get a high draft pick for a RB who cant stay healthy you gotta take it
Old 04-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
Damn I really want to see Brown stay. When healthy hes one of the best, but I also understand hes injury prone and up their with age. If we get a 2nd for him then we can fill another position of need and maybe get Jahvid Best in the 3rd to go with Ricky Williams.
There you go. You just answer your on question right there. Age and injuries prone. Brown has already torn his ligments in his knee one year was out for the entire year. Since then he keeps getting hurt everytime you turn around. I would say it is time for the fins to trade him and get a decent pick for him and move on. Just like the panthers did with Jake Delhomme They released him and not we have Matt Moore as starter and it is time to move on. But good luck to Brown to where ever he may end up at.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitemajik
If miami can get a high draft pick for a RB who cant stay healthy you gotta take it
Well I am sure the GM of the Lions is looking at this on all sides right now right before this week draft to wheather draft a RB are trade for one. But I thought the lions had a good starting RB already?? I haven't checked their roster in a while. But I am sure Lions FO will look at all sides of this before making it final right before the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »