Home

Three Years Later: Grade Your Team's 2007 Draft

This is a discussion on Three Years Later: Grade Your Team's 2007 Draft within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Three Years Later: Grade Your Team's 2007 Draft

Again, this is from the thread we already did on this subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Round 1 - 4th overall - Gaines Adams, DE from Clemson.

Showed flashes of being a good pass rusher his first two years in the league before completely disappearing in this season. You can pretty much call him a bust since he was the first defensive player taken in the draft but we did at least get a 2nd round pick in next year's draft for him from the Bears which will be anywhere between 40-45th overall. I guess the true grade will be what we get out of who we draft in that spot next year.

Grade - D (pending next year's draft)

-

Round 2 - 35th overall - Arron Sears, OL from Tennessee.

Was named to the NFL All-Rookie Team and also played very well in his second season as well. However, he sustained a career threatening concussion during this past offseason that slowed him down but he rejoined the team in a reserve role a little over a month ago and appears to be okay moving forward.

Grade - B (pending how he plays next year)

-

Round 2 - 64th overall - Sabby Piscatelli, S from Oregon State.

Missed the vast majority of his rookie season with a broken foot, but has fully recovered and been a starter on defense since the middle of last season. He's not very good and not very bad. A solid starter, nothing more, nothing less, which is pretty good for a 64th overall selection.

Grade - C

-

Round 3 - 68th overall - Quincy Black, LB from New Mexico.

Didn't get to see much action his first two seasons, but with the departures of both Derrick Brooks and Cato June this past offseason he is now a starter at LB and has done a solid job. Much like Piscatelli, he is a solid starter, nothing more, nothing less.

Grade - C

-

Round 4 - 106th overall - Tanard Jackson, S from Syracuse.

This guy is a great player with the potential to be even greater. He's been the starting free safety since he was drafted (although he did miss four games this season due to suspension) and has made some great plays. For getting a talent like this outside of the top 100 in the draft, the Bucs front office hit a home run.

Grade - A

-

Round 5 - 141st overall - Greg Peterson, DT from North Carolina Central.

Played as a backup for half his rookie season before getting injured. Was cut sometime last year and is now riding the pine in Jacksonville.

Grade - F

-

Round 6 - 182nd overall - Adam Hayward, LB from Portland State.

Hasn't done much of anything but is actually still on the roster and sees the field almost every game in either a special teams role or a backup LB role.

Grade - D

-

Round 7 - 214th overall - Chris Denman, OL from Fresno State.

Spent his whole rookie year on IR only to be cut at the beginning of the following year. Has also been signed and released by Buffalo a couple of times and is now rotting away on their practice squad.

Grade - F

-

Round 7 - 245th overall - Marcus Hamilton, CB from Virginia.

Never amounted to anything and is now playing in the UFL for the Las Vegas Locomotives.

Grade - F

-

Round 7 - 246th overall - Kenneth Darby, RB from Alabama.

Didn't do anything with us and was let go during his rookie year. He has since caught on in St. Louis and is the backup to Steven Jackson. Good for him.

Grade - F

-

Four solid starters (and potentially a fifth) and one solid backup/special teamer isn't a great draft but by no means is it a bad one either.

Overall grade - C+
I'd also like to add that I posted this on 12/15/09 which was more than a month before Gaines Adams passed away. This is the original thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...007-draft.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 7

Carolina Panthers 2007

Round 1: Jon Beason - A+ (Need I say more?)

Round 2: Dwayne Jarrett - F (doesnt contribute at all to the team, he is just a slower version of Drew Carter)

Round 2: Ryan Kalil - A (made his first Pro Bowl last season and has blocked for 2 1,000 yard rushers)

Round 3: Charles Johnson - B- (very good pass rusher, just never given a chance)

Round 4: Ryne Robinson - D+ (decent Kick Returner but injuries kept him down)

Round 5: Dante Rosario - B (Dante Rosario is reliable)

Round 5: Tim Shaw - F (garbage)

Round 7: C.J. Wilson - D (just a filler)
Old 04-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #27
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Detroit Lions 2007 Draft

1 (2) Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech. - A

2 (43) Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan St. - F

2 (58) Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii. - F

2 (61) Gerald Alexander, DB, Boise St. - C, traded to Jax

4 (105) A.J. Davis, DB, N.C. State. - F

4 (117) Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech. - Jury is still out, D

5 (158) Johnny Baldwin, LB, Alabama A&M. - F

7 (255) Ramzee Robinson, DB, Alabama. - Mr Irrelevant, F

Vintage Millen.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #28
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Has Stanton ever really been given a chance? I never hear of him getting any playing time. They're always replacing him, which probably speaks to something, but he should've gotten a chance the year before they drafted Stafford.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 19

Round 1 - Leon Hall, CB. Hall has started almost every game he has played in Cincy and has been a pretty good corner. He has grown each season and doesn't have any major weaknesses. Grade - B

Round 2 - Kenny Irons, RB. Knee exploded, hasn't played. Grade - F

Round 3 - Forfeited pick to get Ahmad Brooks in the 2006 supplemental draft. I just threw up a little in my mouth. Grade - F-. That's right, it's an F-

Round 4 - Marvin White, S. Spot starter, released, three teams in as many years. Grade - F

Round 5 - Jeff Rowe, QB. I don't even know who this guy is. Grade - F

Round 6 - Matt Toeaina, DL. Ditto for this guy. Grade - F

Round 7 - Dan Santucci, OL. Ditto for this guy. I am now headbutting the wall closest to me.

Round 7 - Chidkcleklrj Ndukwe, S. Has started the last two years. Decent safety, could definitely be upgraded. Grade - C for talent, B- for finding a starter in the seventh round.

Overall Grade - D. 2 starters, one of which is a capable starter. The other just starts because the Bengals have had a horrible secondary for 17 of the last 20 years. Between Hall and Nduwke, they either let a monkey or Marge Schott's dead dog make the picks. Not sure which one.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Has Stanton ever really been given a chance? I never hear of him getting any playing time. They're always replacing him, which probably speaks to something, but he should've gotten a chance the year before they drafted Stafford.
He was ALWAYS hurt from what I can remember.

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #31
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6

Broncos

1st Round: Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida: Has not done anything noteworthy for a 1st round pick. Shanny proves he cannot pick defense. Grade: D

2nd Round: Tim Crowder, DE, Texas: Not on team anymore, didn't do anything for Denver either. Grade: F

3rd Round: Ryan Harris, RT, Notre Dame: The only redeeming pick in this draft. Harris was the first of the two tackles selected to make up arguably the best young tackle tandem in the league. Look how Denver struggled without Harris last year. Grade: A

4th Round: Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida: Only thing he has done that has grabbed the media's attention is being arrested for coke. Grade: F

Overall: D It's skewed because they got such great value on Ryan Harris, even though the other picks have not and will most likely never pan out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #32
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Panthers

Round 1: Jon Beason, LB, Da U 2x pro bowler Grade: A
Round 2: Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC Grade: D
Round 2: Ryan Kalil, C, USC Pro Bowler Grade: B+
Round 3: Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia Grade: C
Round 4: Ryne Robinson, WR, Miami (OH) Not with team anymore Grade: F
Round 5: Dante Rosario, TE, Oregon Average TE Grade: B-
Round 6: Tim Shaw, LB, Penn State Not with team Grade: F
Round 7: C.J. Wilson, S, Baylor Hasn't done much Grade: C+
Draft grade: C
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »