Home

3 way trade with Eagles, Lions, Denver

This is a discussion on 3 way trade with Eagles, Lions, Denver within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: 3 way trade with Eagles, Lions, Denver

Damn,..Denver is cleaning house,...LOL!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #26
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

The whole bad defense, good player argument is a two way street. Sometimes a player can seem better then he truly is when he's playing on a bad team, and sometimes a player can look worse then he is when playing on a good team.

Either way, 5th round pick for what was a first rounder... seems like a decent deal to me. It's either that or use a 5th round pick for a complete unknown in the draft. This way, they have depth at LB and can use all those picks for the secondary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 29

how many picks does Denver have now? they've got to be close to the max
Old 04-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #28
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

i like the move love tony and ernie simms was dumb as a box of rocks or smart as how ever you want to look at it. but nobody has considered that the lions might trade tony to the redskins and swap spots we get rocky mcintosh and albert haynesworth and the redskins get to draft okung at number 2 and unload that big contract.

shannahan loves tony and our coach loves haynesworth
Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #29
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: 3 way trade with Eagles, Lions, Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Again, I'm sure Ernie sucked in DET. On a horrible defense who is going to succeed? People say he's over running plays etc., w/o acknowledging his mis-play might be due to trying to overcome the shortcomings of other defensemen on his team...eh?

Regardless, I'll wait to evaluate the deal based on what he's done in an Eagles uniform, and not what he's done for a losing football team and jaded fanbase.

Aside from possibly a large cap hit, giving up a 5th rd pick for a former 1st rd'er, who's 25, still w/ plenty upside, and who is moving from a crap team to a yr to yr contender is a pretty good move IMO.

Players can still do their job well despite playing in a horrible defensive unit. Louis Delmas had success playing in the same unit along several other players performing decently.

As for Ernie Sims, he underachieved playing at the weakside linebacker spot and got outplayed at his position by a rookie linebacker who is really supposed to play the middle (DeAndre Levy). Sims can do fine if he's allowed to basically run and chase plays that develop away from him, and also if he's kept clean during his pursuit to the football. But once teams start to run at him or if he's forced to drop back into coverage and diagnose plays on the fly while shedding blocks, then he has problems.

Sims has also picked up a lot of bad habits freelancing and trying to do too much. He'll have to be coached up to learn how to play with more discipline. At any rate, I wish him the best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Schefter provides great depth at the TE position behind Pettigrew who, with injuries, still has to learn all aspects of the TE position. On top of that, I'm sure the team will intergrate a lot of 2-TE sets or TE/FB split outs which are becoming the norm around the league. This also gives the team extra flexibility to take advantage of Pettigrew's athleticism & size by allowing them to move him all over the field and create mismatches much like the Cowboys do with Witten & Bennett.

I mostly agree. Getting Tony Scheffler has nothing to do with Brandon Pettigrew. It's about finding that complimentary receiving TE who will be on the field whenever the Lions wish to run dual-TE sets to pair up with Pettigrew -- the clear cut #1 all-around tight end who will be on the field for majority of downs. Will Heller, Dan Gronkowski and Casey Fitzsimmons were the initial options. However, when Fitzsimmons had to retire it made for an increased sense of urgency for the club to trade for Scheffler. And Heller is decent player but in all honestly is not a starting-quality tight end. He's a backup/depth guy to Pettigrew at best.

Kruza

Last edited by Kruza; 04-19-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #30
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
i like the move love tony and ernie simms was dumb as a box of rocks or smart as how ever you want to look at it. but nobody has considered that the lions might trade tony to the redskins and swap spots we get rocky mcintosh and albert haynesworth and the redskins get to draft okung at number 2 and unload that big contract.

shannahan loves tony and our coach loves haynesworth

Pretty much every insider has said the Redskins are not trading Haynesworth.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #31
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Well, as was already said Sims has/had too many issues so its good we got a good TE (and one who can play until Pettigrew gets 100%) and a pick.

Though Ernie Sims = the Sean Williams of football....but thats another topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #32
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I like this trade for the Lions. They have protection problems, this allows them to go w/ 2TE sets, leaving the better blocker (Pettigrew) in for more protection, while still having a pass catching TE as a safety valve for Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »