Home

Is Michael Vick a 'bust'?

This is a discussion on Is Michael Vick a 'bust'? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Michael Vick a 'bust'?
Yes 45 39.13%
No 70 60.87%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #129
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Is Michael Vick a 'bust'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
wasn't the point at all. Try again.
Okay man, I'm done arguing this. It's a lost cause and it seems like you know you're points make no sense.

Like I said, if a player was a bust, or showed no talent, he would not be in the NFL after spending 2 years in prison. Not to mention that he has been far more successful than a plethora of highly picked QB's who haven't been considered busts.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #130
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Okay man, I'm done arguing this. It's a lost cause and it seems like you know you're points make no sense.

Like I said, if a player was a bust, or showed no talent, he would not be in the NFL after spending 2 years in prison. Not to mention that he has been far more successful than a plethora of highly picked QB's who haven't been considered busts.
Again my opinion differs. Simple as that. You're just going to have to live with it. I realize my opinion is in the minority and I am ok with that. I am not sure why you think there's a definitive right or wrong answer on something that's bascially an opinion or judgement call. But enjoy having the "right" opinion. Hopefully it makes you feel better about yourself.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
How did it not? There were some who thought that Schaub would be better fitted for running Petrino's system and was the pocket passer ATL needed. If Vick was so great why were they constantly trying to make him more of a pocket passer?

He went to prison. That's a very big thing which has to be taken into consideration IMO. And like I said, I'm not against Vick because of the dogfighting. I'm not one of those people who thought Vick should have been banned for life. But when evaluating his career, that has to be taken into consideration. On the field he was never a great, top tier QB in the NFL. That to me makes him a bust, and combine that with the off field circumstances and he's a definite bust.
Your on the boarder of trolling. As a Falcons fan, Petrino came to Atlanta work with Vick and build his legacy himself. The ppl who wanted Matt S to start also wanted Rob Johnson to start ahead of Vick. In Atlanta, there was a racial issue centered around Vick. Besides that, Vick was far from a bust. He is a disappointment, he blew everything the way ppl wanted him to.

Quit referring to yourself so much, no one cares because we all know you as well as bk do not like Vick. That's okay, but don't push your birther mind on us. We don't care for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Vick is a bust. The Falcons only got 4 complete starting seasons out of him and aside from an 11-4 record as a starter in 04, he's essentially been a .500 QB. His record should be irrelevant anyway, but especially when you are talking about a 4 year sample. Jay Feidler was successful for a similar stretch, for a point of reference on how useless those numbers are.

And while there are plenty of intelligent arguments being presented to show he was a better QB than many people give him credit for (and he was), none of them paint him as a successful #1 pick for the Falcons.

I also don't see how you can't count the dogfighting against the situation either. It cost him 2 years. This wasn't some freak injury, it was due to something in his control. Simply put, you expect more from a #1 pick.

IMO this argument has strayed from the point. I agree people don't give Vick a fair shake (both as a person and as a player), but as the 1st overall pick you better have more than 4 moderate season to be considered worth it. Just because it's not Jemarcus or Leaf level, doesn't mean it wasn't a bust.

BTW, didn't San Diego trade out of that pick and pick up LT later (not a related point to that, just verifying)?
San Deigo traded Vick to Atlanta for #5(LT). We were going to draft Kenyatta Walker with that pick, that's what Reeves said a couple yrs later. We did not need a RB, we just signed Dunn to a 6/42mil contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
He is a bust from the expectations you attach to a #1 pick, but he is not a bust in that he actually is a good football player

Had he been drafted outside of the top 5 we would probably be looking at him having a pretty successful career.
His hype from post Madden 04 was much bigger than his #1 pick status. We he drafted him, ppl were happy but not that much. It wasn't like drafts well and most ppl were expecting him to be average. I personally liked the pick but I didn't have expectation other than the fact that he's hurt a lot and uber talented. It was till his 2nd year and on when the Vick party hit it's height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
And who's been the better QB, Vick or Palmer? If you were running a franchise who would you want running your offense Palmer or Vick?
Palmer, but who has been the better player?

Last edited by Primerica; 05-20-2010 at 05:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »