Home

I Dont THINK...it has EVER, EVER been this CLOSE...DAMN!

This is a discussion on I Dont THINK...it has EVER, EVER been this CLOSE...DAMN! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2002, 01:56 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I Dont THINK...it has EVER, EVER been this CLOSE...DAMN!

Joe Montana Sports Talk Football is quite possibly the best football game ever lol, I remember calling a fake punt run on every play, it was money.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:50 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

MADDEN BREAKS SALES RECORD

Monday August 12, 8:25 am Eastern Time
Press Release
SOURCE: GameStop Corp.
GameStop Corp. Announces EA SPORTS ``Madden NFL 2003'' Hits All-Time Record High For A Sports Title
GRAPEVINE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 12, 2002--GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME - News), the nation's largest video game and entertainment software specialty retailer, today announced that reservations for the PlayStation 2 version of Electronic Arts "Madden NFL(TM) 2003" have reached an all-time record high for a sports title. ADVERTISEMENT

Dan DeMatteo, President & Chief Operating Officer, commented, "We are very excited about Madden NFL 2003. This is the first time that reservations have ever hit 50,000 for a sports title. As such, our initial order for this title has reached an all-time high." DeMatteo continued, "Gamers will be lined up in our stores, beginning today in some markets, as they have to be the first to play the new 2003 version of Madden. We expect that sales of Madden NFL 2003 will continue to be strong throughout the year, and will probably continue to break records."

About GameStop Corp.

Headquartered in Grapevine, TX, GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME - News), is the nation's largest video game and entertainment software specialty retailer. The company operates 1,068 retail stores throughout 49 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, under the GameStop®, Babbage's®, Software Etc.(TM) and FuncoLand® brands. In addition, the company owns a commerce-enabled Web property, GameStop.com, and Game Informer magazine, a leading video and computer game publication.

GameStop Corp. sells the most popular new software, hardware and game accessories for the PC and next generation video game systems from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, and is also the industry's largest reseller of used video games. In addition, the company sells computer and video game magazines and strategy guides, action figures, and other related merchandise to more than 30 million customers.

Barnes and Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS - News), the world's largest bookseller, has approximately a 60 percent interest in GameStop. General information on GameStop Corp. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company's corporate Website: http://www.gamestop.com/investor-relations

Old 08-13-2002, 04:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey waynepj3, why don't you come in here and comment on that one slap nuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2002, 05:28 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

It is actually really close now that I have played both of them for sometime. I need to play 2k3 more, but after playing madden I notice a lot of subtle things that makes it a very strong game that should hold its own against 2k3. I am just glad I can get both gamest and am not into that camp business.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:49 PM   #13
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

So true LB....... so true !!
Old 08-13-2002, 08:00 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

for those of u that have played this year's NFL 2K3...does it still have the herky jerky player movement?...you know, that slight feeling that your players were being dragged around by magnets underneath their feet.

Is movement and motion alot more fluid and tight?
Old 08-13-2002, 08:20 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 21

Actually, Odyssey 2 football was pretty close with Atari's. Then Intellivision came around and blew them both away. Ah, the good old days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2002, 09:42 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 20

Dick:

No doubt: This is the Ali-Frazier of sports gaming, right before our eyes. And every gamer wins.

Fun, fun, fun!

Take care,
PK

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »