Home

Patrick Crayton? Seriously?

This is a discussion on Patrick Crayton? Seriously? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #25
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Patrick Crayton? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
He sees himself as deserving a real legitimate shot at the #3 spot, if not considered the default there.

To some degree, that is valid. I think he stands a chance at beating Williams out for that spot, presuming Austin and Bryant are 1-2.

Hurd is redundant, Ogletree brings loads of speed.

Crayton would make this team as one of the top 4 WRs, and possibly as a PR/KR
Honestly, if that's how he sees himself then he has no reason to be talking to the media about being dragged along before an inevitable cut. It kind of screams of a fear to compete for a job he had in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #26
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Honestly, if that's how he sees himself then he has no reason to be talking to the media about being dragged along before an inevitable cut. It kind of screams of a fear to compete for a job he had in the past.
And this is my gripe as well. He simply just doesn't want to compete for it when every player in the league has to do so for their roster spots.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #27
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I'd cut Roy Williams and keep Crayton, especially in an uncapped year. But that's just me
Old 06-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #28
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
The main reason he's in the wrong is because he's under contract. He's in no position and has zero leverage in trying to get his way so he might as well keep his mouth closed and soldier on.

The organization did him a favor a couple years back when they signed him to a deal that was above what a player of his calibre deserved all the while the team was sifting it's way through old vets like Keyshawn Johnson & Terry Glenn. He was in the exact same boat as the younger guys: a project WR from a small school who the team took a chance on to develop. This is how he's repaying them?

This is the NFL, no one's job is guaranteed, especially a player who's mouth is causing a ruckus and who's skills might soon get outshined by other players.
i think you are getting the wrong message from crayton's statement. i think he doesn't care that he's going to get cut, what he wants is that the team does it sooner rather than later so he has a chance to catch on with another squad. he understands very well what his role on the team would be and understands why the team doesn't necesarily want to keep him, but he is just asking to have the opportunity to catch on with another team
Old 06-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #29
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
i think you are getting the wrong message from crayton's statement. i think he doesn't care that he's going to get cut, what he wants is that the team does it sooner rather than later so he has a chance to catch on with another squad. he understands very well what his role on the team would be and understands why the team doesn't necesarily want to keep him, but he is just asking to have the opportunity to catch on with another team
I think what you're missing is that the hundreds of other players in the same position aren't bitching to the media about it.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #30
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Interesting perspective, Wharton (as always , I always check out your posts in a thread). What makes you think his statements weren't heartfelt more than just being selfish?
Old 06-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #31
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
I'd cut Roy Williams and keep Crayton, especially in an uncapped year. But that's just me
You're not alone in that sentiment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2010, 05:41 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 10

I hate the Cowboys being a Giants fan. But i think Patrick Crayton is the one player on that damn team that I hate more than anyone else. Sure Tony has a stupid smirk, DeMarcus has a freaking dance. But damn it if I have to see another celebration after a 5 yard catch, 15 yard catch by Patrick Crayton, I think I'm going to break my television. I hate him so much. Him and Kelly Washington. I hope the Cowboys keep him and he rots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »