Home

Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick

This is a discussion on Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #57
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Report: Quanis Phillips was shot, after confrontation with Vick

Delete your post before the mods see it.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-28-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #58
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusKilled
This dude was shot at Vick's party. Vick is gang related, he was engaged in a violent criminal enterprise. Someone who he testified against shows up at his party, Vick leaves, and not 30 minutes later guy is shot?

Yeah, Im serious.

Are YOU serious?
So now Vick's gang related? Dog fighting was his cover for gun toting and gang banging? Maybe Vick should've stayed to avoid the accusations of being the Hampton Godfather, lmao.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Was it confirmed that there were tickets to be bought to get into the party? I don't remember seeing that, but if it was (which I doubt it was) then you've got a point there.
That doesn't really matter.

I've been let into a few private parties because I was friends with promoters.

However, I am loving the notion that Vick is some kind of top level crime lord.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #60
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Dude you can't sit here and try to preach to people about getting refunds for law school like you know what you're talking about and then speculate. If this dude shows up and Vick leaves and he gets shot 30 minutes later, Vick isn't responsible for that just because...he ran a criminal enterprise and is gang related. Maybe you need to get our law school refunds and your own with this nonsense. You can't hold Michael Vick responsbile for someone getting shot at a party with his name on it. That's like saying the Wal-Mart is responsible for an old lady getting hit by a car in the parking lot where some guy is doing 20 in the lot.
I'm gonna side with the guy who actually studies law. Anything that possibly implicates Vick, whether knowingly or due to his negligence could have it all taken away from him. I know something can jump off at any time but there are certain situations where incidents like this can increase in probability.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #61
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I'm gonna side with the guy who actually studies law. Anything that possibly implicates Vick, whether knowingly or due to his negligence could have it all taken away from him. I know something can jump off at any time but there are certain situations where incidents like this can increase in probability.
Michael Vick can not be criminally held responsible for someone getting shot at a club just because it was his party. If someone were to file civil suit against him they could do that because you can file civil suit against anyone for pretty much anything. They'd lose that suit, but they could sue him for it. However he cannot criminally be held responsible for someone shooting someone at a party he's hosting unless someone can prove that A) He was there for the shooting and/or B) The shooting was ordered by him.

If someone were to damage the club he's responsible for that, but if someone shows up to the club with a gun and shoots someone he's not responsible for that person. These people are not minors, they are adults, the person in charge doesn't get held accountable for an adult doing something stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #62
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusKilled
This dude was shot at Vick's party. Vick is gang related, he was engaged in a violent criminal enterprise. Someone who he testified against shows up at his party, Vick leaves, and not 30 minutes later guy is shot?

Yeah, Im serious.

Are YOU serious?

Lets get some more evidence before we hold Vick responsible. Like an actual arrest of Vick or a Vick associate. Or testimony where someone hears Vick order an associate to shoot Phillips. Right now we have reckless speculation and thats it.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Michael Vick can not be criminally held responsible for someone getting shot at a club just because it was his party. If someone were to file civil suit against him they could do that because you can file civil suit against anyone for pretty much anything. They'd lose that suit, but they could sue him for it. However he cannot criminally be held responsible for someone shooting someone at a party he's hosting unless someone can prove that A) He was there for the shooting and/or B) The shooting was ordered by him.

If someone were to damage the club he's responsible for that, but if someone shows up to the club with a gun and shoots someone he's not responsible for that person. These people are not minors, they are adults, the person in charge doesn't get held accountable for an adult doing something stupid.
This is pretty much spot on.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #64
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Lets get some more evidence before we hold Vick responsible. Like an actual arrest of Vick or a Vick associate. Or testimony where someone hears Vick order an associate to shoot Phillips. Right now we have reckless speculation and thats it.
I'm not an attorney, but I sleep with one every night, (my wife is an attorney), but I cosign on this!!
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »