Home

Gamespot gives NFL2K3 a 9.6

This is a discussion on Gamespot gives NFL2K3 a 9.6 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2002, 07:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Gamespot gives NFL2K3 a 9.6

schulman, yep that's what I was thinking. Good find. Still, their review policy is just asking for complaints from people who are only looking at the ratings. A lot of us want to know what the best version is so we don't waste our money, and as we all know, the XBox SHOULD be that version unless the developer just got sloppy. So why don't they ever say that, or offer an overall comparative review?
Old 08-13-2002, 07:06 PM   #18
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

GameSpot are PS2 fanboys!
Old 08-13-2002, 07:06 PM   #19
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

They rate the games based upon other games for the same system. EX. NFL 2k3 on PS2 is compared to games like GTA and Metal Gear Solid. While NFL 2k3 on xbox is compared to games such as HALO and NFL Fever. They don't give the rating by comparing it to the same game on other systems.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:07 PM   #20
Rookie

shpankey's Arena

I'm starting to suspect these places might be doing this just to rile everyone up, and get some of their forums more popular.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:08 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

The thing that pisses me off is that these game review mags have ****TY rigs so they never really see the flaws, or see the benefits of the two platforms:

For example:

Madden is jaggy and shimmer city on the PS2, this isnt the case on the x-box. But you'd never notice if you werent using component video cables and a big screen.

Furhermore- the Xbox has 5.1 DD, the PS2 has DS. There is a HUGE difference between the two, but you would never know because these guys play the games on a 19" screen connected with S-Video at best, and listen to it through the TV speakers. It's weak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2002, 07:13 PM   #22
Rookie

shpankey's Arena

That's a good point. But some will argue that most gamers have the 19" s-video rig as well. So either way you go you're asking for trouble.

If you claim its a huge difference and someone plays on the low tech setup, they won't see it and therefore will complain. This is most gamers, so they are probably shooting to satisfy them.

I do agree though, the PS2 games compared to the Xbox games on an HDTV with the proper setup, the Xbox is quite a bit better... drastically in some cases.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:24 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

They dont want to piss off Sony...it all comes down to money..I wonder what Sony would do if sites like gamespot all of the sudden were giving better ratings to their rival Microsoft on the same game? Ignore the review in this aspect..we all know that the Xbox versioin will be slightly better.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:24 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

In reply to:

They rate the games based upon other games for the same system. EX. NFL 2k3 on PS2 is compared to games like GTA and Metal Gear Solid. While NFL 2k3 on xbox is compared to games such as HALO and NFL Fever. They don't give the rating by comparing it to the same game on other systems.

I am not doubting what you are saying but that is just stupid. With the consoles being so cheap (relatively) many sports gamers have more than one console. I do not care how NFL 2K3 compares to Halo but I do want to make sure I am buying the best version available. Should I be buying the PS2 version or the XBOX (or even GC)?

Cantley

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »