Home

Report: Bob Sanders might never play Football again

This is a discussion on Report: Bob Sanders might never play Football again within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
MattUMD224

OVR:
Report: Bob Sanders might never play Football again

WHat could have been if he could stay on the field but the man was built of glass. No way he could play long with his stature and his play style.

Quote:
Colts safety Bob Sanders said last month that he feels great and is excited about getting back on the field after playing just two games last season.

But Michael Lombardi of NFL.com reports that there are concerns that Sanders won't be able to get back onto the field at all.

According to Lombardi, there is some concern that Sanders might never be able to play football again, thanks to shoulder and bicep issues stemming from the ruptured bicep tendon that Sanders suffered last year. Although Sanders says he feels great, Lombardi says Sanders' rehab has been slow.

Lombardi also reports that Sanders "reduced his contract," but Lombardi provides no details. Sanders signed a five-year, $37 million contract with the Colts in 2007, and as of late in the 2009 season, Colts G.M. Bill Polian sounded comfortable with continuing to have Sanders playing under that contract, even though it's obviously disappointing to the Colts that Sanders has played just eight games the last two years.

Overall, Lombardi's report is a surprise -- it's surprising that there's so much concern about Sanders' health after he pronounced himself "great," surprising to hear that Sanders reduced his contract, and surprising that NFL.com buried such major news about a former Defensive Player of the Year in the final paragraph of an easy-to-overlook notes column.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Report: Bob Sanders might never play Football again

i wouldn't say he's built of glass. realistically, a player his size shouldn't be able to withstand the type of physical nature he plays football with. he throws himself around like a kamikaze, which is great while it lasts, but it also can't last for long.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Until I hear it from someone who is not Michael Lombardi, I will not believe this.

Michael Lombardi is a hack and NFL.com should be ashamed that they allow him to represent that site.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
WHat could have been if he could stay on the field but the man was built of glass. No way he could play long with his stature and his play style.
I believe you need a link for an article or it's against the TOS.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 07-25-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I wouldn't call Lombardi is a hack but he seems to put overemphasis on his "unidentified sources". Anyways, if this is true then it doesn't surprise me as Sanders plays with such a reckless abandon that this was bound to happen. It's a shame though as Sanders has the tools to be a HOF type player but injuries have robbed him of what could've been an even greater career.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
Banned

Indian Joe's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
I believe you need a link for an article or it's against the TOS.
WTF man? Was that necessary?
Old 07-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Joe
WTF man? Was that necessary?
Looking out for an OSer? What's wrong with that?

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 07-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well I would understand if Sanders decided not to play ever again. His health and family should come first and football second. Avg life span of a football player usually around 4 years for a pro. Beyond that is a blessing for any of those guys. The way those guys take hits and give them every sunday for years. That's why the life avg for a football player is 4 years. If he goes above it then he lucky to do that. Sanders has gone beyond that and has done a good job for the colts over the past few years are so. But when his health becomes a issue. Then it might be time for him to move on. He has money,fame, and a SB ring. He has nothing more to prove at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »