Home

Is Kevin Kolb overrated or underrated

This is a discussion on Is Kevin Kolb overrated or underrated within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #17
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is Kevin Kolb overrated or underrated

At this point we can't consider him as either. But I believe that he will have a great first half of the season simply because there isn't any real film on him. Thats when the overrating will begin..His true test will be the last half of the season and beyond when coordinators have film on him...Matt Moore is in the sme boat...
Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #18
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo7710
I personally think Kevin Kolb is underrated. I have been an Eagles fan my entire life, and have seen what McNabb has done. True, he brought to winning seasons in all but 2 or 3, and yes, he brought us to the playoffs too many times to count. I think, however, that Kevin Kolb is slightly better than Donovan. In his frist career NFL start, he passed for over 300 yards against the eventual Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints. He became this first person to throw for over 300 yards in his first two career starts. And Kolb isnt on offense without talent, he has Jackson, Maclin, Avant, and McCoy. Celek has also made a decent tight end. Kolb is ready to be a big name NFL QB, and will have a chance to show it this year.
Kolb slightly better than McNabb?..really?...I hear ya man..LOL
Old 08-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 17

I ll go with underrated.Kolb in the little amount of time he played, he threw the play very good. I'm a cheifs fan and I saw it first hand with the big deep throws and staying calm under pressure. I know chiefs defense is bad at best last year, but he still looked very impressive.

MLB: ALTANTA BRAV3S
NFL: KANSAS CITY CH3IFS
NBA: SAN ANTONIO SPURS
Old 08-06-2010, 02:53 AM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I think he will be good so long as he a has good supporting cast behind him going into the season. It's hard to say right now wheather he is overrated or underrated. He played pretty good last year when he filled in for Mcnabb. But until he has played a entire season. It very hard to judge wheather will be a great,good,avg, or below avg QB in this league. If all comes down to how he perform this coming season.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #21
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

My gut tells me Kolb is going to be successful for the Eagles. Personally, I think it's their system that makes QB's look good; or at the very least, not look bad. With that said, I also think the offense will mold to Kolb's talents, something we saw a bit of in his two starts. I think Brent Celek is going to be Kolb's best friend on the field. That's his outlet man and I think he's going to have at least 70 catches as a TE. For Kolb, I'm thinking 16 TD's, 8 INT's. The Eagles have a good group of receivers and even backs (none that totally leap out, but all are pretty good) so he'll be able to spread the ball around.

The defense is the big question mark for me for the Eagles. Getting Bradley back is bigger then most people think, but I'm not completely sold until we see some games.

And I agree with edaddy, the second half of the season is the true test. That's when you meet your division rivals for the second time and they'll know what to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #22
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
My gut tells me Kolb is going to be successful for the Eagles. Personally, I think it's their system that makes QB's look good; or at the very least, not look bad. With that said, I also think the offense will mold to Kolb's talents, something we saw a bit of in his two starts. I think Brent Celek is going to be Kolb's best friend on the field. That's his outlet man and I think he's going to have at least 70 catches as a TE. For Kolb, I'm thinking 16 TD's, 8 INT's. The Eagles have a good group of receivers and even backs (none that totally leap out, but all are pretty good) so he'll be able to spread the ball around.

The defense is the big question mark for me for the Eagles. Getting Bradley back is bigger then most people think, but I'm not completely sold until we see some games.

And I agree with edaddy, the second half of the season is the true test. That's when you meet your division rivals for the second time and they'll know what to expect.
The good thing about the Eagles offense is everyone can catch the ball. LeSean McCoy is pass-catching back, Leonard Weaver is pass-catching FB, Celek is a receiving TE more than a blocking one, and Jackson/Maclin/Avant are all very good pass-catching WRs. So...in theory Kolb will have plenty of guys around him capable of catching the ball, and Maclin, Celek, Jackson, and McCoy can be YAC-monsters.

Main question marks are:
Is Winston Justice ready to be the starting RT?
Can the secondary hold it down?

In regards to Winston Justice....I don't know. Strahan blew him up a few years ago, and I believe he gave up like 6 sacks altogether in a MNF or SNF showdown.

Then there's the secondary, we lose Sheldon Brown, and in steps Ellis Hobbs at #2 CB. There's not much depth at corner, but there IS depth on the D-line and I'm thinking that the addition of DE Darryl Tapp will spell relief for a slightly better than average secondary.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #23
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

At this point, I'd say he's over-rated but that's only until he gets some games under his belt. To oust a Playoff-tested, multi-Pro Bowl QB for the promise of young talent, yeah you better believe the guy will start off as over-rated. He's got a lot of pressure on him at this point, but I think if he plays within the confines of the system he will be successful.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #24
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc

Good post and I agree with everything you said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »