Home

Darrelle Revis Signs Extension With Jets

This is a discussion on Darrelle Revis Signs Extension With Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #169
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Jets owner doesn't think Darrelle Revis will play this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Players that FORCED(meaning go up to their FO and DEMAND a new deal or say they're not playing period)their FO to give them new deals or basically did the samething that Revis is doing and got their way, I'm not talking about players just getting extensions while they're still under contract.

I can tell you the list of players who've done what Revis has done is pretty small, which was the point I was trying to make earlier in that he's only hurting himself because doing what he's doing rarely achieves anything, not too mention that this is the SECOND time he's pulled this stunt. If it was the first then I could MAYBE understand but when you do the samething twice, you get no sympathy from me. If he was so worried about the possibility of getting injured like he is now, why didn't he let them(Jets)know while he was holding out the first time or was it not important to him then?
That was before Revis' season last year. His payment based on last season is clearly out of line with his value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I'm not a fan of this injury excuse. Peyton Manning could hold out every year, given the ridiculous rookie QB contracts upon being drafted, citing the fact that if he doesn't hold out and get paid now, he'll lose money if he gets hurt. But he doesn't, now does he?
Peyton's payment is much more in line with his value. Also, Peyton doesn't take very many hits. The chance of him getting injured is pretty small.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #170
Banned

OVR: 17

Probably about the same chances as Tom Brady getting a season-ending surgery, a career-threatening surgery, at that.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #171
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Warren Sapp had some interesting views on the Lavar Arrington show the other day. You guys can find the podcast and check it out for yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #172
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Probably about the same chances as Tom Brady getting a season-ending surgery, a career-threatening surgery, at that.
Never said it couldn't happen, only that it was pretty small. Look at Brett Favre, he still hasn't missed a start since 1992 and Peyton takes fewer hits than him.

These also weren't the injuries that I was talking about. I was thinking more about the post-career mental degradation a lot of players go through because they've been smacking their brains on their skulls for 15-20 years. A lot of times they can't even work after retirement, so they need to get as much out of their career as possible while they still can. Again, it's not always that severe, but it happens enough that these players should get their money. The owners certainly get theirs.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 09-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #173
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Because his desires violate the laws of common sense.

As I've posted numerous times.
Cebby speaks the truth

Revis is being a little punk with all of this. I definitely think its an important point that this bum has held out twice in his three NFL seasons. Yeah, he's a top 3 corner in the league but no player is worth this garbage. This isn't like Emmit in 1993 when Jerry was lowballing him- Revis has gotten some extremely reasonable offers. Hell, had he come to training camp he would have guaranteed himself 20 million.

Nnamdi handled this the right way- he played out his contract, became a top corner in the league and got paid. He didn't pull any shenaningans like Revis.

I hope Cro has a big bounceback year and that Kyle Wilson establishes himself. If the Jets can start off the year strong, all of the pressure will be in the Mevi$ camp. If the Jets, however, start off slow and drop a couple games early and Revis signs later, I hope Jets fans let this bum have it.

Mangold and Ferguson got paid very well because they went about this like professionals. I hope Revis's childish antics don't work.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:55 PM   #174
MVP

OVR: 18

With or without Revis, the Jets aren't winning the AFC East.

Miami Dolphins. I will go on record with that.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #175
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Too me its all business. Revis wants more money and he will get it. He is not easily replaced and the Jets will learn that the hard way. Players hold out quite often and Owners Terminate contracts that still have fresh ink on them just as often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #176
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Schefter saying right now that Jets and Revis are on the verge of a deal. Sounds like the Jets caved to Revis' demands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »