Home

Arizona @ St. Louis

This is a discussion on Arizona @ St. Louis within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Arizona @ St. Louis

This should be a varsity vs JV game. If not, the Cards have real problems.

I follow football quite a bit and can only name 3 Rams starters. I'm hopeful Bradford will develop into a good QB and give us a challenge in the coming years, but this game should not be theirs Sunday.

Cards have upgraded their defensive secondary with Rhodes (a better cover safety than Rolle was, though not the playmaker) and Greg Toler developing. Their D-line is boosted with rookie behemoth Dan Williams. The LB crew has some issues though, with an aging Joey Porter and Clark Haggans outside, rooking standout Daryl Washington and journeyman Paris Lenon inside.

They had to do something, giving up 90 points in two playoff games is unacceptable.

Rams should get a healthy dose of Hightower and Wells running behind mauler Deuce Lutui.

Cards all the way. Cards 28 Rams 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Arizona @ St. Louis

You forgot to mention that the Cards lost their best player on defense and 2 of their best 3 players on offense.

I think they'll win the game too but I have to disagree with your tone that the team is greatly improved since last year.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

I think the Rams hang in the game and can possibly pull out a win. Expect a steady dose of Steven Jackson and to be hit with PA passes to the TE for large gains.

24-17 Rams over Cards.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #4
Little Big Puig

elTodd's Arena

OVR: 24

I honestly think the Rams will pull out the victory. It may be homerism, but I am so excited to see what Sam Bradford can do. In the last 2 preseason games, we saw the potential for greatness from him. The offense looked totally different than it has the past few years.

We definitely have question marks on defense, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Rams this year. This game is certainly a ton-setter for the rest of the season for both teams.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:40 AM   #5
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

17-14 Rams

I don't think Arizona's going to be good this year. Losing Warner, Boldin, Rolle, and Dansby is too much for a team to overcome. And Derek Anderson isn't a good QB. At all.

That score is more a testament to how bad I think Arizona will be than it is to how good I think St. Louis will be.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 04:09 AM   #6
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
17-14 Rams

I don't think Arizona's going to be good this year. Losing Warner, Boldin, Rolle, and Dansby is too much for a team to overcome. And Derek Anderson isn't a good QB. At all.

That score is more a testament to how bad I think Arizona will be than it is to how good I think St. Louis will be.
I'd have to agree with this... the Cards D was pillaged during the off season... with Kurt gone it will hurt the team as a whole... he was one of the few QB in the NFL that could get rid of a ball in the blink of an eye....

I'm (of course) bias, however, the display I witnessed between the Rams vs. Pats spoke volumes.. The rams QB actually looked good/like a man...

Old 09-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrcfntdorgamiartist
This should be a varsity vs JV game. If not, the Cards have real problems.

I follow football quite a bit and can only name 3 Rams starters. I'm hopeful Bradford will develop into a good QB and give us a challenge in the coming years, but this game should not be theirs Sunday.

Cards have upgraded their defensive secondary with Rhodes (a better cover safety than Rolle was, though not the playmaker) and Greg Toler developing. Their D-line is boosted with rookie behemoth Dan Williams. The LB crew has some issues though, with an aging Joey Porter and Clark Haggans outside, rooking standout Daryl Washington and journeyman Paris Lenon inside.

They had to do something, giving up 90 points in two playoff games is unacceptable.

Rams should get a healthy dose of Hightower and Wells running behind mauler Deuce Lutui.

Cards all the way. Cards 28 Rams 10
I'm going the Cards since that's my team, but I don't see them winning by 18. I'll go 17-14. The Cards D shouldn't be as bad as most people may think. Rolle was great at turning in nice INT highlights but he was terrible in coverage and almost as bad a tackler. I gotta think that Rhodes will be a serviceable replacement. Daryl Washington looks like he'll shape up to be a nice replacement for Dansby.

On offense, we have receivers that are ready to fill Boldin's spot. We all know that Breaston will get the job done and Doucet and Stephen Williams will follow.

Kurt Warner was our biggest loss, no question. Anderson has shown that he can throw a football in the preseason, his receivers have been upgraded(Cleveland/AZ) and he has a fresh start. This game will come down to the two QB's. Will Bradford look as good as he did in the preseason and will Anderson be able to shake the image of being a crappy QB.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #8

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Cards haven't fallen off that much in terms of their opponent this Sunday. Could be close but, I don't think it will be unless Jackson has a great game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »