Home

Things that blew your mind from Week 3

This is a discussion on Things that blew your mind from Week 3 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #33
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Things that blew your mind from Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Career setting day yesterday with his 476 yards (359 average over 3 games) in the air.
Picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues before yesterday's game. He's the final piece to my championship.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #34
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

The Bills keeping it relatively close

But yeah Brees' underhand pick, one of the few times if any during his career with the Saints where I wanted to know what in the world he was thinking. I realize we rely on you to win but no need to try that much lol
Old 09-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #35
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Buffalo's scoring
Peyton Hillis
KC, PIT 3-0
Kyle Orton's day
Redskins flop
Hartley, Janikowski cost their teams wins
Mike Vick stays hot

Crazy week!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
What makes Sanchez a lightning rod, is the NY media bias. If he has a good game, he's crowned the savior. If he has a bad game, he's blamed for 9/11. If they media wasn't so up his ***, it would be easier to discuss him. But it's hard not to overly bury him, or overly praise him. In his best games, he plays like an average, maybe a little above average, QB. But because it's NY, we have that shoved down our throats like he just won the SB. The jury is still out on the guy, but he looks far better right now than he did last year.

You have to realize he has such a good team around him, yet he was the one holding them back. His defense is great. His running game is good, yet lacking a primary back. His WR's are good (and they still have Holmes coming back). His line is good. There's no excuse for him not to be winning games.
I just disagree with a couple things. Our offensive line really isn't that good. It was great last year, but now we get all sorts of holding and false start calls, and Sanchez got a lot of pressure week 1. Plus, our offensive line is struggling in the run game department.

Also, I wouldn't say the media is overhyping Sanchez. Sanchez has been fantastic the last two weeks. 3 TDs, 0 INTs in the last 2 games. Everytime, Brady or Henne made a play, Sanchez came right back with great drives. I don't think the media was too harsh on Sanchez either, if anything they gave him too much praise last year.

Now for the reason people pushed the panic button I think after week 1, was that they looked at the stats and didn't watch that much of the game, and add the fact he was terrible in the pre-season. Sanchez wasn't good at all, but his receivers had 3 drops on key third downs, he had no help in the run game, he was being pressured, and the one great throw he had that would've lead to a TD was taken back by a dumb Edwards illegal shift penalty. He wasn't good at all, but he wasn't terrible. After all the Ravens D is 10x better than the Pats and Dolphins D.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #37
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I agree with the fact that Sanchez is getting way too much hype for his very, very limited body of work. The man has only started around 20 games since college to the NFL, he wasn't a dominate force coming out of college, he hasn't had any games of huge statistical importance professionally, he's barely about .500 in terms of win/loss record as a pro, he's only in his 2nd NFL season, has a 15/20 TD/INT ratio, below 60% passer, below 60 QB Rating, etc. The list goes on and on.

What he does have working for him is that he was fortunate enough to be a caretaker QB on a dominate ball control team - see: Trent Dilfer & the 2000 Ravens -, plays in the largest media market in the country, plays for a chic pick team that has received a lot of publicity, and is being set up by the NFL and PR types to be the quintessential poster boy for the Latino market - which the NFL is bending over backwards for to earn their pocket money.

With that said, I don't hate the guy in anyway. I'm simply stating that for a player who hasn't proved much in the NFL its hard to get why so much is being made of him. "Sanchize"? Really? As the great Parcells stated, "Put away the anointing oil."
Old 09-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #38
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Dexter McCluster's 3 rushes for 69 yds and a Td.

The Falcons defeating the Saints. ( I wanted the Falcons to win but was not expecting it )

The Raiders losing to the Cardinals by only a point.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #39
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Detroit's ability to week after week put a gun in their own mouths and pull the trigger. Whether it's not securing a catch or it's a TON of penalties, they've been suicidal to start the year.

That game vs. Minny should've been closer.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #40
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

#21 cb wright for the browns...utter disgust watching him play. More than that the fact he wasn't benched and continued to get torched. IMO deciding factor in that game.

Another thing worth mentioning is the either crap play or invisibileness of stars or former stars all over the league. I know not everyone can be lights out every week, but man there were non-existent wr's all over the league, also some horrid rb play to.

Vick was a surprise to me, I started him last week on fantasy, but had a bad feeling and benched him....I simply think he's due for a horrible game - I think he'll have a great season overall, especially considering his ring-rust...but yesterday was nearly a perfect game from him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »