Home

Week 4: Steelers (3-0) vs. Ravens (2-1)

This is a discussion on Week 4: Steelers (3-0) vs. Ravens (2-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who win?
Ravens (2-1) 16 57.14%
Steelers (3-0) 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Week 4: Steelers (3-0) vs. Ravens (2-1)

That's still a damn shame. There was no reason they should have lost this game. Three ******** penalties at the end, and you hand them the ****ing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Ben gets back a 3-1 team. I'll take it. Now the real fun begins.
Gravy

I've had enough of Batch, Dixon, and slow-release Lefty
Old 10-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Was not pretty but I'll take it.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

If I knew the Steelers were gonna get no points off turnovers, have 88 penalty yards and two missed field goals, I wouldn't think they would've only lost by 3. Defense played a pretty damn good game, considering how much they were on the field, McFadden is gonna get blasted for blowing that touchdown, but that's not an easy assignment, one on one on Houshmandzadeh, who ran a nice route. Mendenhall played another damn good game, and Charlie really didn't play all that poorly, my hats off to him for the way he played today, that was a masterpiece of a drive in the beginning of the 4th. Those penalties were absolutely killer, especially the two false starts and the holding when the Steelers were backed up. Sepulveda punting from further out and adding those 10 yards could've made a big difference on that final Ravens drive.

Hats off to the Ravens though, defense played great and besides the interception Flacco played a pretty damn good game. Definitely gonna be looking forward to seeing the rematch with Ben back in at QB.

People are gonna call for Reed's head in Pittsburgh after this one I think but I think he just struggled a bit, and he'll bounce back.

And who knew Ike Taylor actually had the ability to catch a football?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #69
Banned

I still don't understand how you go balls to the wall and stop them on fourth and goal, and then come out handing them 10-15 yards per throw down the sidelines (when they start the drive in your territory to begin with). Just a complete choke job at the end in terms of execution and coaching. Just pisses me off the way you giftwrap the game for them, at least TRY to make Flacco beat you.

But hey, our toughest game on the schedule to this point, without Ben, and we won the game, yet beat ourselves with penalties and missed FG's. Could have certainly been a lot worse.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I still don't understand how you go balls to the wall and stop them on fourth and goal, and then come out handing them 10-15 yards per throw down the sidelines (when they start the drive in your territory to begin with). Just a complete choke job at the end in terms of execution and coaching. Just pisses me off the way you giftwrap the game for them, at least TRY to make Flacco beat you.

But hey, our toughest game on the schedule to this point, without Ben, and we won the game, yet beat ourselves with penalties and missed FG's. Could have certainly been a lot worse.
Definitely, the way they played defense near the end of games in those situations has always puzzled me. You were exactly right, it's like they though they had about 80 yards to go instead of 30. And just giving them space on the sideline, makes no sense.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
People are gonna call for Reed's head in Pittsburgh after this one I think but I think he just struggled a bit, and he'll bounce back.
It would be long overdue. He has no power at all, and has been missing big kicks for a number of years now. It be one thing if he missed some here and there, but still hit the ones that matter. But he doesn't. Most of the Steelers losses come in games where Reed misses a FG or two, and we end up losing by three points or less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
Definitely, the way they played defense near the end of games in those situations has always puzzled me. You were exactly right, it's like they though they had about 80 yards to go instead of 30. And just giving them space on the sideline, makes no sense.
What I mean. If they had the whole field to go, then yeah, go right ahead and hand them the sideline. But they made two throws, and they're within striking distance. Should have been playing to STOP them, not slow them down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »