Home

VC TRIED W/ NFL2K3, BUT..........

This is a discussion on VC TRIED W/ NFL2K3, BUT.......... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2002, 09:27 PM   #9
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: VC TRIED W/ NFL2K3, BUT..........

In reply to:

I played MADDEN2003 @ SOFTWARE ETC kiosk, & i say that it felt & played better than NFL2K3. I'm returning NFL2K3 2morrow & getting back FEVER2003

WHA?!? You liked Madden better than 2k3, so you're trading in 2k3 for FEVER.....riiight
Old 08-14-2002, 09:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

"You can't even select alternative or throwback uniforms in FRANCHISE mode"

Yes you can. I just did it in the PS2 version. When the controller assign screen comes up, press O. Then select the uni you want.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

"Well least I have 48 hours from 2day to return the game for store credit. You can't even select alternative or throwback uniforms in FRANCHISE mode."

you can change the jersey. Press the Y button at the team selection menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2002, 09:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Give 2K3 some time. I was having the same problems as most of the people complaining, but found that most were my fault (you can't just call random plays and win -- kind of makes it more like a sim than an arcade game because in an arcade game you can usually call ANY play and just make up for it with your twich skills...). The only problem I can't comment about is the stuff with the Xbox, because I have the PS2 version.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:45 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4

Everyone keeps saying things will get better with practice but I don't see how the following can be remedied:
In reply to:

5) The menus are not set up that well. The Trade menu sucks. Don't like the play selection menu @ all.

6) Gameplay seems weird, not fluid @ all. very jerky & get lcokups for a few secs @ times.

7) Not being able to substitue player positions in my starting lineup is bad. Be4 every game I have to go into my package Subs & change the Cowboys starting Center, b/c there isn't a way to permantely do this, gets very annoying.

8) SIM games above 5min Qtrs on hardest level produces unrealistic scores. I see an avg of 50 pt scores for every game SIM & that's on 7 Min Qtrs. Guys have over 100yrd receiving by the 2nd Qtr already.

9) Not being able to use CREATE-A-PLAYER in franchise mode sucks major azz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ least FEVER2003 let you!

10) The graphics look bland & articial, looks cartoony. Fields look strange & the helmets upclose don't look realistic.

Thanks for the response CHICZ. After reading all the response on the board I'm going to go with Madden 2003 this year. Maybe NFL2K can step it up next season.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:59 PM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I love it Skillz, dumps NFL2k3 for fever after less than a day. Please tell me how realistic fever is again skillz.

Old 08-14-2002, 10:07 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

7) Not being able to substitue player positions in my starting lineup is bad. Be4 every game I have to go into my package Subs & change the Cowboys starting Center, b/c there isn't a way to permantely do this, gets very annoying.

You can alter the Depth chart.

9) Not being able to use CREATE-A-PLAYER in franchise mode sucks major azz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ least FEVER2003 let you!

This is just because you are a moron and can't figure it out. You can edit the roster file all you want...BEFORE you start a franchise. This includes creating players.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2002, 10:08 PM   #16
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

yah know i reading through your post CHIcs and i was actually reading the whole way through ......right up to the point you said the graphics were bad .....killed your whole post IMO . I have both games Madden and 2K3 and i LOVE both of them . But the game that has the cartoony graphics is Madden ....anyone can clearly see that . BUT they are good graphics , i just think 2K3 has a more gritty look to it . and yes i think Playying the Madden engine all year has made it more difficult for all of us to get used to it . i dunno 24-48 hours with a both these games is way too soon to make an accurate judgment .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »