Home

Tampa Bay (2-1) @ Cincinnati (2-2)

This is a discussion on Tampa Bay (2-1) @ Cincinnati (2-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #17
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Tampa Bay (2-1) @ Cincinnati (2-2)

I don't even know what to say except that as a lot of people have come to realize/accept today, Palmer is done for. I've thought this for a while but this game has just showcased that Palmer at his best is a solid QB, at his worse he looks like a rookie. (case in point, the pick 6 where he doesn't even look at the coverage!)

It's not time to bench Palmer however because the backups we have suck, badly. But it is time to use our first round pick next year for a draft. But Palmer is also not the only issue, but he is part of it.

Now at a best case scenario I'm looking realistically at 7 wins for the Bengals, but thats assuming they beat Pittsburgh once, the Browns, Falcons, Bills and Ravens again...which considering the last two games, is if anything but guranteed.

My Blog
Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #18
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Bengals will never take the next step until the Brown family changes how it runs the team. Plain and simple. I sound like a broken record. I know, Mike Brown isn't out there throwing passes, but the franchise is snake-bit while he's still owner. The sooner people stop going to games, the sooner there might be changes with the way they do things. I hate the man.

PS - So glad I was studying for a mid-term instead of watching that garbage.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 10-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
I don't even know what to say except that as a lot of people have come to realize/accept today, Palmer is done for. I've thought this for a while but this game has just showcased that Palmer at his best is a solid QB, at his worse he looks like a rookie. (case in point, the pick 6 where he doesn't even look at the coverage!)

It's not time to bench Palmer however because the backups we have suck, badly. But it is time to use our first round pick next year for a draft. But Palmer is also not the only issue, but he is part of it.

Now at a best case scenario I'm looking realistically at 7 wins for the Bengals, but thats assuming they beat Pittsburgh once, the Browns, Falcons, Bills and Ravens again...which considering the last two games, is if anything but guranteed.
I think we finish 6-10. We'll beat the Dolphins, Bills, Browns, and either Saints or Chargers. But that will be it. There is too many issues with this football team to expect anything more. Heck, we haven't even gotten to the inevitable meltdown from TO or Ochocinco yet....just wait, this is going to get really ugly after we lose by two touchdowns to Atlanta in Week #7.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

Palmer put that last INT right in the receivers hands.....

Ohio is a depressing pro-football state. I hate the Eric Mangini.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 17

I just seen the highlight of that Freeman to Williams TD. What a ridiculous catch over a good CB in Joseph, plus there was another DB right there, too. Freeman is legit, and he's got a receiver that he's comfortable putting it up for, as he makes the catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I just seen the highlight of that Freeman to Williams TD. What a ridiculous catch over a good CB in Joseph, plus there was another DB right there, too. Freeman is legit, and he's got a receiver that he's comfortable putting it up for, as he makes the catch.
+1 .. cant believe we picked up williams in the 4th. him and winslow makes a great 1-2punch. Once Benn gets going, they shoul dhave a solid WR group. Freeman kinda reminds me of McNabb in a way, both are not super fast but they have htat instinct and capable of picking of yards with their feet when needed. Freeman have been money on 3rd downs as well and hopefully he'll only continue to improve. Need to get thta running game going though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »