Home

Brett Favre in trouble with the ladies

This is a discussion on Brett Favre in trouble with the ladies within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Brett Favre in trouble with the ladies

I guess he wants to trade her in for a newer model.

Between this and the husband who complained that Favre was sending things to his wife, I don't feel sorry for Brett at all. This is obviously not a good guy. I just can't wait until I don't have to hear about Favre anymore. I'd love it if they just put him in the HOF now and have the ceremony and everything in the same day so I won't have to hear about him in 5 years (hoping that this is his last year).
Old 10-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
Surely you see the difference between being accused of sexual assault twice and being accused of hitting on someone and sexting.

What Favre did is reprehensible, but it wasn't in any way illegal. It's a matter for his wife's divorce lawyer (unless she's a very forgiving person), not the league office.
Ummmm, he committed sexual harassment which puts himself and the NY Jets in jeopardy of a lawsuit.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #51
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

As of now, she said that she won't be pressing any charges against Favre and the team.

Just give her a pair of Wranglers and that'll shut the ***** up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #52
Rookie

EdgeCrusher's Arena

OVR: 2

Some of you saying he won't/shouldn't be susupended? Where do you work? Does your company have a sexual harrassment policy involving co-workers? These women or, woman, were employed by the NFL and/or the Jets. I don't know about everyone else,but at my place of employment, if I sent what he supposedly sent to another co-worker, I wouldn't just be suspended, I'd be terminated end of story.

Doesn't matter if he's a first-time offender of the league's personal conduct policy.The commish has the authority to dole out suspensions if he determines that any player, "damaged the reputation and integrity of the NFL".

Bottom line, if this was just some random female, I don't think he should be punished, Deanna will do that by herself, but when it starts to involve NFL or team employees, it becomes a different animal.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #53
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

seriously this is sad, but whether or not/or how long he gets suspended will be determined by how much the media wants it to happen

thats all that freaking PCP is.....a tool to help satisfy the medias demands, in the event that they deem something reprehensible from their great collection of wisdom...........or whatever story will get them more hits and money

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #54
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

I honestly hadn't thought about the sexual harassment angle. (Since I'm self-employed, thus I'm married to the only woman I could sexually harass, sexual harassment isn't something that's on my mind... well, ever.)

I suppose with that in mind he does deserve some form of punishment from the league.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #55
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCrusher
Some of you saying he won't/shouldn't be susupended? Where do you work? Does your company have a sexual harrassment policy involving co-workers? These women or, woman, were employed by the NFL and/or the Jets. I don't know about everyone else,but at my place of employment, if I sent what he supposedly sent to another co-worker, I wouldn't just be suspended, I'd be terminated end of story.

Doesn't matter if he's a first-time offender of the league's personal conduct policy.The commish has the authority to dole out suspensions if he determines that any player, "damaged the reputation and integrity of the NFL".

Bottom line, if this was just some random female, I don't think he should be punished, Deanna will do that by herself, but when it starts to involve NFL or team employees, it becomes a different animal.
I haven't gone to Deadspin and listened to the voicemails, but I did read that she didn't want to pursue chargers.

Sexual harrassment is only harrassment if the "victim" raises a complaint about it. In this case, she kept these images and voicemails for a long period of time and then comes out and says she isn't pursuing charges. Sound more like a woman scored than it does someone who wasn't a willing participant in "sexting".

Hostile work environment? Possibly. Sexual harrassment? It's not an open and shut case.

How do people not get suspended for DUI and there is talk of suspension for this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #56
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
I haven't gone to Deadspin and listened to the voicemails, but I did read that she didn't want to pursue chargers.

Sexual harrassment is only harrassment if the "victim" raises a complaint about it. In this case, she kept these images and voicemails for a long period of time and then comes out and says she isn't pursuing charges. Sound more like a woman scored than it does someone who wasn't a willing participant in "sexting".

Hostile work environment? Possibly. Sexual harrassment? It's not an open and shut case.

How do people not get suspended for DUI and there is talk of suspension for this?
This woman is a bit famous in her own right. It may be in her best interest to keep this under wraps, or maybe it was until it leaked, etc. Bottom line is it's out now so there may no longer be a reason to not press charges. Either way, I definitely don't see this as a "woman scorned" as she's not really just some random girl at a bar.

Either way, this is most definitely sexual harassment. Not sure how anyone could say it's not. There's audible evidence of her rejecting his advances. In one VM he even said something like "I'm really trying here." And even if she keeps all of this on the low, there are other women willing to go all out.

As for the DUI, it's not relevant. None of these players drive for a living... getting a DUI is not work related. Similarly, this wouldn't be as big of an issue if it wasn't done to employees of the Jets organization.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »