Home

Week 6: Monday Night Football: Titans at Jaguars

This is a discussion on Week 6: Monday Night Football: Titans at Jaguars within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #201
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Week 6: Monday Night Football: Titans at Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
This is my song of the moment:

lmao. I gotta see that movie when it comes out on dvd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #202
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Crowd was good at the start of the game.

Refs were terrible and made it known that they were going to give the Titans every call ... probably didn't matter too much though with the way the Jags played.

You're welcome Titans, we fixed your QB situation and got the better passer on the field for you.

The game was over when VY got hurt. Collins could have beaten Jones on every pass play if he wanted. The Jags pass defense is terrible. Del Rio has something going on with Cox and it is hurting the team badly.

Del Rio has to go, this is the type of game you get with him. After winning 2 in a row, I knew the Jags couldn't win. Del Rio is an inconsistent coach and his players show the same attitude.

I think Garrard quit on the team. The WRs were playing terrible and I don't think he wanted to go back into the game. Garrard needs to step up and be a leader. He needs to go yell at the WRs and demand they run the correct routes and catch the ball. He isn't a leader though and the offense really doesn't have one.

I want to see what Edwards can do this week with a full week of practice.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #203
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Crowd was good at the start of the game.

Refs were terrible and made it known that they were going to give the Titans every call ... probably didn't matter too much though with the way the Jags played.

You're welcome Titans, we fixed your QB situation and got the better passer on the field for you.

The game was over when VY got hurt. Collins could have beaten Jones on every pass play if he wanted. The Jags pass defense is terrible. Del Rio has something going on with Cox and it is hurting the team badly.

Del Rio has to go, this is the type of game you get with him. After winning 2 in a row, I knew the Jags couldn't win. Del Rio is an inconsistent coach and his players show the same attitude.

I think Garrard quit on the team. The WRs were playing terrible and I don't think he wanted to go back into the game. Garrard needs to step up and be a leader. He needs to go yell at the WRs and demand they run the correct routes and catch the ball. He isn't a leader though and the offense really doesn't have one.

I want to see what Edwards can do this week with a full week of practice.
man, can you blindly hate on someone more than you are hating on VY? VY smoked you guys on the first drive. The game was over when the Jaguars came out of the tunnel.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #204
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't think the game was as lopsided as the score indicated. Take away the turnovers and it's probably a one score game. The Jaguars aren't a "bad" team.... they pretty much shut CJ down the whole game, and before the last drive, held the Titans to about 200 yards in total offense. If the Jaguars could get some consistency out of the QB position, I could see them wreaking havoc deep into the playoffs. In Jacksonville's 3 wins, Garrard's QB rating was 138.9, 127.7, and 122.5. In their 3 losses, his QB rating was 62.7, 38.9, and 33.0.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #205
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Perhaps the most disconcerting thing about this story -- the part that made it so hard to believe at first -- is the idea of a television network, and the need for ad revenue, deciding the pace of a game (no matter how awful it may be). That Carey would break away from his responsibility as a supposedly objective arbiter of the on-field action to try and wrangle timeouts from coaches in the name of commercial breaks -- well, this is where we truly have gone down the rabbit hole. And judging from Fisher's comments, this happens all the time.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-278323

Well that explains that... SMH on this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #206
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Comment on CJ padding his stats... If he's on the field and they call a running play he should do everything he can to get to the endzone, no matter what the score is. The problem is with him being on the field in the first place. Horrible decision by the coaching staff. If he gets hurt the Titans season is over... period. Ringer should've been getting the hand off there.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #207
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Ringer should be getting the hand off more in general.

CJ is awesome but there is a very detailed article (sorry, don't have the link) which basically explains not only is CJ getting better blocking this season, but he is getting it more consistently as well. But he isn't quite as successful as last year. CJ is seemingly dancing around too much trying to get the big run on every play instead of just trying to get 5yards. He is absolutely driven by stats and the 2500y mark is playing on his mind still.

Ringer on the other hand is hitting the holes harder and still almost always manages to pull off a nice run every game he is being used significantly. Ringer needs 10 carries a game.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #208
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Ringer should be getting the hand off more in general.

CJ is awesome but there is a very detailed article (sorry, don't have the link) which basically explains not only is CJ getting better blocking this season, but he is getting it more consistently as well. But he isn't quite as successful as last year. CJ is seemingly dancing around too much trying to get the big run on every play instead of just trying to get 5yards. He is absolutely driven by stats and the 2500y mark is playing on his mind still.

Ringer on the other hand is hitting the holes harder and still almost always manages to pull off a nice run every game he is being used significantly. Ringer needs 10 carries a game.
I agree, even at times last season he seemed to do this, but more-so this season. I see plays where Hall makes a good block but CJ is dancing around and by the time he hits the hole, the block is dead and he gets tackled at the line. I hardly see ringer get touched behind the line even a few plays after I see CJ get hit 2 plays in a row behind the line. this makes me feel like its the Running back and not the line.

Im not like a FB expert so, its all my opinion, but I do see things that seem like legit complaints in my view.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »