Home

Brett Favre Has Two Fractures in Left Ankle

This is a discussion on Brett Favre Has Two Fractures in Left Ankle within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #25
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Brett Favre Has Two Fractures in Left Ankle

I didn't write him off last season at all. This season I think anyone could. The amount of hits he took in that Championship game, his ankle problems, and his elbow problem again. He can live his life any way he wants, but when he gets to 50-60 years of age, his going to regret staying after Green Bay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

and do it anyway he wants to.

Live your life the way you want to, and let Favre do the same.

You guys all flip flop so much. I would never count a guy of Bretts calibur out. Sure, he is having a bad year. So is Drew Bree's, and a bunch others. Most of you said Favre was done 2-4 seasons ago. He had his BEST PASSING SEASON LAST YEAR.
Ummm, coaches decision? And his best passing year was last year. We live in a period called, What have you done for me lately?

A. Childress isn't happy Favre threw into coverage at least two times and didn't see a wide open Harvin on a INT TD return.

B. Childress said he won't let the streak stand in the way of the best decision of the Vikings.

C. Childress said Brett's personal opinion will be only a fraction of the whole decision.

If Favre has a broken ankle he can't play on, then he can't do it anyway he wants to.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #27
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

In a way, this is pretty much the only way Favre could go out. As long as there might be "something in the tank", then Favre won't leave the game.

He wants to go out like John Elway, but his career will most likely end on this injury or by being replaced after a picked filled performance ala Dan Marino.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ummm, coaches decision? And his best passing year was last year. We live in a period called, What have you done for me lately?

A. Childress isn't happy Favre threw into coverage at least two times and didn't see a wide open Harvin on a INT TD return.

B. Childress said he won't let the streak stand in the way of the best decision of the Vikings.

C. Childress said Brett's personal opinion will be only a fraction of the whole decision.

If Favre has a broken ankle he can't play on, then he can't do it anyway he wants to.
What have you done for me lately will get you into the qb carousel game weve had for years in Cleveland. Win or loose, I'd play out the Favre hand, unless he just cant go.

Its not like Manning is the backup, threatening the #1 position. You dont move legend qb's to the bench because of some bad games.

A much better plan would be to get there o-line in gear, keep running the ball, and play some defence. Then get Favre healthy, and start ripping some to Moss.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #29
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Ego??? Because he wants to play?

Your rediculous. Take your hate elsewhere. Favre can play as long as he wants, and do it anyway he wants to. 99% of the Farve watch crap is media. I personally think its funny. Now you try to say hes wrong for giving it all he has?

Live your life the way you want to, and let Favre do the same.

You guys all flip flop so much. I would never count a guy of Bretts calibur out. Sure, he is having a bad year. So is Drew Bree's, and a bunch others. Most of you said Favre was done 2-4 seasons ago. He had his BEST PASSING SEASON LAST YEAR.
Flip out much?

The reason he had the best passing season of his career last year is because for the most part he played within the system and there was a proper balance of run and pass on the Vikings offense. The O-Line held up and Favre was able to play relatively pain free.

The man is HURTING his team by playing injured. If you can't see that then I don't know what to say. Childress has to make a decision for the benefit of the team not Brett Favre. Maybe ego was too strong a word and I appreciate that Favre wants to compete but at some point you have to face reality and sit a game or two out. It's clear that Childress was prepared to go into this season with Tarvaris Jackson or John David Booty who I believe got traded before the season started. The only reason why Favre is there is because some of the team leaders begged him to be there.

You could tell even when he was healthy at the start of the year that Favre wasn't totally locked into the game. He kept making silly throws and throwing into coverage. You're not going to last long just throwing willy nilly hoping that it'll connect. Favre should've retired after he left GB IMO but that's old news now. I don't think I ever wavered on that assertion so let's not go with the "flip flop" card.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
You dont move legend qb's to the bench because of some bad games.
You do when it's obvious that they're not playing well and haven't shown signs that they will turn it around. But for some reason, people thought he would magically have a repeat performance of what he did last season.

Oh well, I'm just glad we got out the business while we had the chance 3 years ago.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

A much better plan would be to get there o-line in gear, keep running the ball, and play some defence. Then get Favre healthy, and start ripping some to Moss.
That's the master plan in an ideal world.

This team was built to win now for the SB and with a 2-4 record, it looks dim.(Remember, they begged Favre to come back)

Also, if Favre can't go on a broken ankle, it's Tjack at QB.

The secondary has been exposed. Cedric Griffin is out and Winfield can't cover everyone. Plus, Allen hasn't had a sack in 4 games and the DL has about 3 sacks all season.

Favre couldn't go much to Moss on Monday night because the Packers were bumping him with a LB if he lined up in the slot and they had safety help over the top if he lined up wide.

Once Rice returns, it might open up the passing game more and the running game.

By then, will it be too late? They still play the Pats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #32
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's the master plan in an ideal world.

This team was built to win now for the SB and with a 2-4 record, it looks dim.(Remember, they begged Favre to come back)

Also, if Favre can't go on a broken ankle, it's Tjack at QB.

The secondary has been exposed. Cedric Griffin is out and Winfield can't cover everyone. Plus, Allen hasn't had a sack in 4 games and the DL has about 3 sacks all season.

Favre couldn't go much to Moss on Monday night because the Packers were bumping him with a LB if he lined up in the slot and they had safety help over the top if he lined up wide.

Once Rice returns, it might open up the passing game more and the running game.

By then, will it be too late? They still play the Pats.

Great post, it's more then just Favre. He may be getting the lion's share of the criticism but really the entire team has been underachieving or been too injured to do much in the way of winning.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »