Home

Disappointing teams

This is a discussion on Disappointing teams within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Disappointing teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Personally, I didn't make him out to be THAT good.

I know A LOT of people will have a problem with this (starting with NovaStar) but Peyton Manning is the only QB I'd expect to continue winning games when you take the entire running game away. I think Brees can do it, Brady can do it, Rodgers can do it, Rivers can do it... but I wouldn't "expect" any of them to do it. The Saints are 4-3 without Bush and Thomas (and without Sharper for all but last game). Can't say I'd call that "not doing it".
I didn't even know Sharper has been out. Still, offensively, they haven't looked even remotely close to as good as they've been throughout the last 4 or 5 years. And if I remember correctly, Bush was out for the season a couple years ago and they were still tops in the league on offense(and I don't think their running game was very good back then either, don't quote me on that though). Sure they're 4-3 and the only thing that matters is winning, but aside from the Bucs game, they've had to scrap for every one of their wins and none of them have been against great teams(I guess you could argue the Vikings, but they're still a 2-4 team). Losing to the Browns the way they did was sad. Losing to the Cardinals with an undrafted rookie QB at the helm?

I expected more from the Saints. The loss of their two RB's is not easy to deal with, but let's be honest, they didn't look too impressive in the first couple games with those two either.

Fortunately for all of us, the Saints play the Steelers this Sunday and it sounds like Bush may play. Easily the best team NO has played all year.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Not that dissapointed in Dallas. I thought they were better than 1-5, but still not that good. Never understood the hype.

Minnesota I understood the hype, but still thought they would take a pretty big step back this year.

San Diego is disappointing, because despite the injuries, they still have talent and still are a scary team, but they just find ways to lose games.

Not disappointed in the 49ers. Every year they seem to get attention and get people saying it's a breakout year, and I never really get it.

I thought Green Bay and New Orleans would be better than they are, but they are still 4-3 and could still put it together.

But really, outside of the AFC West, I haven't been surprised by much this year. NFC is so mediocre that even the teams with winning records that I expected to be bad, like Seattle and Chicago, aren't actually good teams.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I'm not giving the Saints a pass. Injuries are no excuse. They still have Drew Brees. If he's as good as we have made him out to be, he should be able to find a way to get it done.
Exactly my point. The Saints are just not good right now. The league has learned how to play them and they have lost because of it. Every team deals with injuries and the saints need to as well. Tom Brady went down two years ago and the Patriots kept rolling. The saints lost running backs...the most replaceable position there is.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Well, it's tough to say.

Dallas, everyone expect them to be Superbowl contenders and to play in their own stadium. Looks like someone in their own division has a better chance of doing that.

- Garrett's playcalling
- Phillips just lost
- Jerry Jones getting in the way
- Romo out 6-8 weeks

Minnesota, is anyone really surprised? After that beating Favre took in the NFC Championship, it was time for to hang it up. The fact that 3 of his teammates had to make up his mind for him explains it all where his head was at. He's dragging the team down with his injuries and trying to play through it.

San Diego, Norv Turner is the head coach, their downfall was eventually going to happen. I was surprised it took 3 years.

San Francisco, everyone had them division champs. Alex Smith is average at best. It's sad they made Jimmy Raye the scapegoat of their offense. They just can't catch a break. Maybe Mike Singletary is distracting the team with his pants down before every game trying to explain to them don't play like that, who knows?
Old 10-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #29
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

The blame for Brees isn't the running game cause he's been very productive in the past without one, the running game is just a key for the saints to win games not for brees imo. The main problem for Brees is O-line protection, i've really only seen 2 games where the o-line has actually blocked like they have in the past and that was Minn/Bucs games, that or he's just in a slump, i mean it happens noone can be perfect for long. It also looks like he's just almost trying too hard occasionally pulling a few favre moments just trying to make something happen
Old 10-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

No disrespect to Ivory and the performance he had 2 weeks ago, but Brees has never had to deal with the collection of RBs the Saints have thrown out there most of this season. The line has been shaky too, but the Saints overall have always been average without their top backs (Bush and Duece/Thomas). It makes a bigger difference than is usually given credit... most don't even realize how big of a role the running game played in the offense of the SB team.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #31
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
No disrespect to Ivory and the performance he had 2 weeks ago, but Brees has never had to deal with the collection of RBs the Saints have thrown out there most of this season. The line has been shaky too, but the Saints overall have always been average without their top backs (Bush and Duece/Thomas). It makes a bigger difference than is usually given credit... most don't even realize how big of a role the running game played in the offense of the SB team.
Agreed. They've really struggled up front and their RB's have been inconsistent at best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #32
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't know how the Cincinnati Bengals cannot make this list. They were a 10-6 playoff team a year ago that went 8-0 against division rivals with a power running game, great defense, and an anemic passing game. They bring everyone of significance back on BOTH sides of the ball, add one of the best wide receivers in NFL history who is still playing at a high level, draft a stud tight end as well as a slot receiver with excellent potential....and are currently 2-4 with losses against the Browns and Bucs. If that's not soul-sucking, I don't know what else is. Of course, it is the Bengals, so these things are to be expected!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »