Home

Week 8: Packers @ Jets

This is a discussion on Week 8: Packers @ Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13
Week 8: Packers @ Jets

With the Jets corners and our receivers, I expect this to be a big matchup. I'd like our chances a lot if we had Grant and Finley. I expect the TE's and James Jones to get a lot of targets. I see us struggling in this one especially since it's on the road.

I thought this was a good matchup game to test where we stood against the AFC but with the injuries depleting our offense, I see a struggle. Hopefully we get Harris and Bigby back in this game to help our secondary.

My early predictions 28-24 Jets.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 8: Packers @ Jets

Hate that this game is a 1:00 PM Start since I'm going to the Nets-Heat game in Newark was hoping to try to go to both games.

Anyway, I expect them to try and basically run right thru us since it's a good chance we may only have 3 healthy D-Lineman for this game. But at the sametime, they can also pass and spread the ball around if need be so we may need to pick our poison here. I'm hoping we can ride the momentum off of Sunday Night's win against Favre and the Vikings but with the Jets coming off 2 weeks rest, that may be difficult.

But yea, hopefully they decide to let Harris and Bigby play this week.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 10-26-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Don't expect a running game from Greenbay in this game. The Jets corners are gonna ruin Aaron Roger's night.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 22

Usually when you look at games like this one, with two good defenses, and think it will be a 17-14 type of game, it ends up being something like 35-31. Saying that Revis can't be in 4 places at once, or can he? And since we have 4 really good WR's, I think that alone should neutralise Revis. Just throw to the one he isn't covering. I honestly think we have a shot at exposing their secondary. And we will, if we can find some sort of running game, this is one team that we can not afford to be one demensional against, or they will just pin their ear's back and blitz Rodgers like mad men. If we establish the run, and are able to stop the run on defense, as well as use 4 WR sets to bomb Revis island, we will win, with a final score of 30-17, if we don't even try and run the ball, and struggle against the run, then you my as well flip that score around in the Jets favor. Either way I think the final deficit will be 10 or more points.

Prediction:

Packers 30
Jets 17

Last edited by GreenReign86; 10-27-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

If we go with the same gameplan we used against Minnesota(Quick Slants, short dumpoffs, quick passes, etc)then that should keep us in the game. The most interesting matchup of this game will probably be Our WRs(Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson) vs their Corners(Revis, Cromartie, Wilson) because like it's been said, Revis can't be everywhere on the field and the last time Cromartie and Jennings were matched up on each other, Jennings was still running thru the south end of the Stadium last I checked but so far this year, Cro has been playing great.

I don't expect our running game to even be a factor against these dudes so this is gonna have to be a game where the rest of the Offense wins this and if that's the case, I think we have a shot at winning this or keeping this game from getting ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I think If we can limit their run game and Force Sanchez to make some turnovers(I know it hasn't happened yet).. We have a good Shot to win this game.

My Prediction is

Packers-21
Jets-17
Old 10-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Ya'll must be more confident in our D then I am because I don't see us holding them to under 17 Pts lol.

However I can see them doing that to us if they can keep our Offense off the field for extended periods.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #8
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd love to see the Pack win this one, but coming off a bye and at home Jets win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »