Home

Week 9: Colts @ Eagles

This is a discussion on Week 9: Colts @ Eagles within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #329
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Week 9: Colts @ Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Just saw on SportsCenter that there will be no discipline by the league for the hit on Collie. That's good.
I think the NFL realized that they have screwed up with this stupid rule changes and any fine would further push fans and players away from the game.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #330
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

I'm glad that Coleman didn't get a fine. He did nothing wrong.

I do, however, hope that the referees from that game (and the KC-OAK game also) get disciplined

Old 11-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #331
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I don't ever want to see us wear those uni's again.
Maybe bring them to New England?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #332
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
So should Asante have started to give him CPR? Chest compressions? Hand carried the gurney out there? Actually...I think Asante was just an embodiment of how all Eagles fans felt at that moment.

Phill Simms, a card carrying member of the NFL, stated that Asante "Had every right to be mad".

Wait a second...you said originally that...

But now you're giving Eagles fans a pass, and only chastizing Asante?

Nah...they showed Kolb quite a few times, and I believe it was while Collie was being attended to...Phil Simms was talking about all of the Eagles personnel who coach the QB, and how the Eagles QBs are a tight-knit group. He also mentioned that Vick and Kolb routinely get together, and are good friends...and that Michael Vick has always had a great relationship with his QB counterparts/teammates.
The fans and players are completely different things. Fans don't have a clue as to how dangerous the game is because most of them have never played at that level. Besides, like I said, I'm not sure if they saw Collie laying there like that on the big screen. They were mostly reacting to the horrible call.

Now as far as the players, I guess I was wrong to assume that they're a brotherhood. Even though their job is to hunt one another, in the end I thought that they all have mutual respect for the next man's livelihood. I figured when you lay someone out and you see him knocked out cold with T-Rex arms, you put aside the fact that it was an atrocious call. I guess not.

I really don't care that much about the topic, it was just an observation I had about a classless move. If you want to make a joke about CPR or whatever that's all cool. I would just wager that if things turned out where Collie was actually seriously hurt, which is what it appeared, Asante would have looked back at that moment with some remorse [I'd hope].

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »