Home

NFC Divisional: Packers @ Falcons

This is a discussion on NFC Divisional: Packers @ Falcons within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #49
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NFC Divisional: Packers @ Falcons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

Yea that's right, you ain't so tough now without Number 7 back there anymore, are ya Falcons!?!?!?!?!?!

/weaktrashtalking
Uh...Chris Redman wore number 8 with the Falcons I believe. Are you talking about Hugh Millen?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #50
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm a fan of the idea of Green Bay sweeping the Birds in the Playoffs. First the Eagles then maybe Falcons,Seahawks in NFCG,Ravens in SB lol
Old 01-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #51
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I am sick of hearing about this new found Packers running game. But am hoping for a Packers win here. Maybe all this press about this new Packers running game will force the Falcons to spend a little extra time preparing for that. I really don't know how this game will go, but I am pulling for the Packers, but give the edge to Ryan playing at home.

Falcons: 37
Packers: 35

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I am sick of hearing about this new found Packers running game. But am hoping for a Packers win here. Maybe all this press about this new Packers running game will force the Falcons to spend a little extra time preparing for that. I really don't know how this game will go, but I am pulling for the Packers, but give the edge to Ryan playing at home.

Falcons: 37
Packers: 35
If you are a Packers fan, you appreciate a semblance of a ground game. After Ryan Grant goes down for the season, your drop-off of talent is very noticeable.

For Biglen: Here is your favorite Sports Channel/favorite sport analyst Trent Dilfer current assessment of the Packers O-Line. Long article, need to go halfway to find the criticism of this years O-Line.

Each time I try to link a Packer article from the Milwaukee Journal, I receive a program loading error page, so, I copy and paste a few paragraphs.

I want to pick them,” Dilfer said. “I think they have makeup here to make a run at the Super Bowl. But this offensive line just continues to – I have seen very few teams make a run when you have such an obvious flaw up front.

“I mean it showed up last week in the third-and-10 at the end of the game before they punted the ball to Philadelphia. They just couldn’t protect long enough in the long-yardage situation to give Aaron (Rodgers) even a chance to get to his first receiver.”

Dilfer argued that Rodgers’ ability to get the ball out quickly covers the flaws of his line.

You have to be able to block long enough to give your quarterback the ability to get to his second or third read,” Dilfer said. “They really struggle with that. If they can game plan enough and get enough quick throws late in games, and keep those third downs manageable, it may not show up.

“I’m just still concerned that they can’t protect in a must-pass situation long enough,” Dilfer said. “That’s my only concern with the Green Bay Packers. Their defense is dominant. Their quarterback is dealin’. They are starting to run the ball and they have talented players on offense on the perimeter

Last edited by roadman; 01-14-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 27

I like the Packers a lot, and they're definitey a better team than their regular season record would indicate. Starks is also my local guy, and a really good kid. But all of that means nothing.

Falcons go to the NFC Championship Game.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #54
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Injury Report for both teams:

Quote:
Falcons defensive back Brian Williams played all 16 games during the regular season, but he’s not expected to play Saturday’s playoff game against the Packers.
The Falcons have listed Williams as doubtful on their official injury report.
Atlanta had six other players on the injury report, all listed as questionable: defensive end John Abraham, defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux, safety Thomas DeCoud, linebacker Curtis Lofton, center Todd McClure and receiver Roddy White.
The Packers listed one player, linebacker Frank Zombo, as out. Green Bay listed fullback Korey Hall, offensive lineman Jason Spitz and safety Atari Bigby as questionable.
Eight Packers are listed as probable: linebacker Diyral Briggs, tackle Bryan Bulaga, tackle Chad Clifton, receiver Donald Driver, defensive end Cullen Jenkins, linebacker Clay Matthews, defensive end Ryan Pickett and cornerback Charles Woodson.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #55
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Can't overlook the loss of Williams for the Falcons. He's the nickel and the Falcons figure to have to play a lot of it Saturday. Age has taken quite of bit physically, and he's not a great man-to-man guy, but he's a savvy vet who knows the ins and outs of that defense, having played in it all the way back to Jacksonville, and when Van Gorder blitzes off the corner, he is the guy they bring.

I'm sure McCarthy is tweaking that play-call sheet as we speak. Owens or Franks or whoever is going to have to grow up fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 46

Packers 27-17

Clay 2 sacks

Pack will score late after a Tramon interception to seal it.

BJ Raji will hold the run game down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »