Home

Tiki Barber filed paperwork with the NFL to unretire

This is a discussion on Tiki Barber filed paperwork with the NFL to unretire within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2011, 02:58 AM   #49
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Tiki Barber filed paperwork with the NFL to unretire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
Quote:
"LOCOS: That's the UFL Las Vegas Locomotives run by former Giants coach Jim Fassel. Even out of the game four years, Barber would be an upgrade."
That's about where he belongs.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
He picked a good season to try it. There is a very real possibility that the 2011 season will be played by replacements while the NFL players strike.

Tiki and Herschel Walker have name recognition that NFL teams would probably want if that were to happen.
I've heard and read a few different times, the last CBA established that there would be no replacement players if there is a lockout.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #51
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I've heard and read a few different times, the last CBA established that there would be no replacement players if there is a lockout.
I never heard that before. Then I guess Tiki and Herschel need to have their brains studied because it obvious they suffer from chronic traumatic encephalopathy if they believe they can still play in this league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #52
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You are preaching to the choir about who came out on top in that deal. That said, Shannahan has had success with guys at RB you never heard of before they ran for him. Including Torain. There isn't much that I can say about LJ and Willie other than, while Snyder may have brought them into camp it was Shanny that sent them packing. I just don't see how or why Washington let alone any team needs a 36-year old RB, who is only coming back for the money (it would seem) when you can get a 20-something in the draft and pay him what $375,000 and not worry about his motives for wanting to play.

Not to mention current and former teammates are killing the guy talking about how bad he is/was in the locker room. No way that guy lands in Washington under the current regime. But I would be remiss if I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Tiki doesn't visit Washington.
Should the skins look at him? Of course not! LOL, I'm with you on that front. But it seems like you're giving Shannahan too much credit (or maybe not enough blame). I don't think Snyder had anything to do with LJ or Willie Parker. That was Shanny and Allen. And until I can figure out why they brought them in in the first place, I can't rule out the possibility that they'd give Tiki a go... especially now that Portis is gone. I really (REALLY) hope they don't, but it just seems like a perfect dejavu situation.

Quote:
I never heard that before. Then I guess Tiki and Herschel need to have their brains studied because it obvious they suffer from chronic traumatic encephalopathy if they believe they can still play in this league.
Herschel Walker was asked if he could still play... he said yes. No more, no less.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #53
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

Herschel Walker was asked if he could still play... he said yes. No more, no less.
I bet if he put his mind to it Herschel could probably be a decent backup on a team even at his advanced age. The guy is a freak of nature.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #54
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I bet if he put his mind to it Herschel could probably be a decent backup on a team even at his advanced age. The guy is a freak of nature.
I think so too. I just noticed a lot of people grouping him in with Tiki when pretty much all of the talk of him playing again is coming from us in the forum, not from Herschel. He just said he thinks he could IF he wanted to try to play today.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #55
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
What Herschel said was: "I still say I may try out for football again and show people I can do that, because I want to be the George Foreman of football and come back and do it one more time,"

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/24/at...-nfl-comeback/

I don't believe he is serious, and I don't believe for a second he can still play HB in the NFL at age 48 but he did say he was considering trying out again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #56
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
What Herschel said was: "I still say I may try out for football again and show people I can do that, because I want to be the George Foreman of football and come back and do it one more time,"

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/24/at...-nfl-comeback/

I don't believe he is serious, and I don't believe for a second he can still play HB in the NFL at age 48 but he did say he was considering trying out again.
I don't think he was serious... I guess someone may think he was and there's no argument against that. He was asked the question and answered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »