Home

Anyone else think its fair to have 2 favorite teams? (1 NFC & 1 AFC)

This is a discussion on Anyone else think its fair to have 2 favorite teams? (1 NFC & 1 AFC) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #33
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Anyone else think its fair to have 2 favorite teams? (1 NFC & 1 AFC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
This is how I am with the Lions (Favorite team) and Eagles (want them to do well).
Lol same here (except Baltimore instead of Philly). Us Lions fans need something to root for once the playoffs start (hopefully that'll change this year).
Old 08-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #34
Pro

Amped's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
Lol same here (except Baltimore instead of Philly). Us Lions fans need something to root for once the playoffs start (hopefully that'll change this year).
Ive always liked the Lions a lot too but man you guys are having some bad luck. Leshoure out for most or all of the season, then fairley out as well. You guys need to bring in a better corner or safety. I really hope they beat out the vikings for third to me thats a huge improvement for them
Old 08-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
I can't see how people can have 2 favorite teams. I have one team in each sport, and one college team for every sport. The only way i could see that someone would have 2 college teams is if they went to one of the universities.
excatly how i feel. It annoys me when im on the college forum and people like a variety of teams and sometimes even rivals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #36
Pro

Amped's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkyyyyy
excatly how i feel. It annoys me when im on the college forum and people like a variety of teams and sometimes even rivals.
I like Oregon (before they went to the championship) and Wisconsin but thats about it for college
Old 08-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #37
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

I usually have a few teams, but at the same time have 1 I'm die hard about. (reds, bengals, ohio state) However in the NFL this year I think I need a new team, the Bengals are and will be my favorite but for some reason I forsee some rough years ahead. (again)

Nothing wrong with it I think, I'm not going to turn in my Bengals card but if you have an awful favorite team I don't see anything wrong with having another team to root for or else it's going to be a hard time to be enjoying that sports season IMO.

My Blog
Old 08-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #38
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

I've only ever become a fan of teams that I have some sort of connection with. I grew up in southern Indiana (Colts/Pacers/Reds), got a degree from Purdue and am working on a degree from Michigan. Maybe in time after living up here for awhile I'll find a soft spot for the Detroit teams as well, but not yet.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #39
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

I guess it depends on what kind of fan you are. You can be a fan of certain teams, or you can be a fan of certain style of play.

I am, first and foremost, a fan of football and I would rather watch a fantastic, thrilling match between two random teams then a boring contest with my favorite team. This also means that I'm a fan of multiple teams in each sport. I usually have one favorite (NFL: Baltimore Ravens, NHL: Ottawa Senators, Soccer: AC Milan), but that doesn't exclude me from liking other teams as well.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #40
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I guess it depends on what kind of fan you are. You can be a fan of certain teams, or you can be a fan of certain style of play.

I am, first and foremost, a fan of football and I would rather watch a fantastic, thrilling match between two random teams then a boring contest with my favorite team. This also means that I'm a fan of multiple teams in each sport. I usually have one favorite (NFL: Baltimore Ravens, NHL: Ottawa Senators, Soccer: AC Milan), but that doesn't exclude me from liking other teams as well.
I don't understand that (and probably wouldn't be able to if you explained it to me). Why pick a team at all?
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »