Home

Franchise mode for Madden & NFL2k3: What do....

This is a discussion on Franchise mode for Madden & NFL2k3: What do.... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2002, 03:30 PM   #1
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10
Franchise mode for Madden & NFL2k3: What do....

you expect them to add in the future?

I don't know about the rest of you, but as much as I enjoy NFL2k3's on the field action it's franchise mode is VERY limiting and the only reason I'd give it a C+ grade because of their implementation of the combine.

My issues...
1. Limited customization: Why in this day and age can't you edit EVERY ATTRIBUTE FOR EVERY PLAYER ON EVERY TEAM?!?!!?! It seems senseless to limit what we can do with our football title.
Lord knows someone did something wrong with the DEFAULT Steeler rushing attack is ranked 21st in the league.

2. Why can't I watch (or play if I choose) ANY game that takes place in the franchise I'm playing? Why can't I?

3. ONLINE Franchise mode??!?!?!?

Those are just three of the gripes that I have with 2k3's franchise mode.

Let's pray that next year isn't all about the ESPN license, and not fixing certain things that MUST be fixed within game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2002, 03:35 PM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Franchise mode for Madden & NFL2k3: What do....

I want further contract negotiation depth. I should be able to give a player a 3 million signing bonus for a 1 year contract to entice him to fill a hole for a single year, instead of being forced to give him a 2 or 3 year deal, and take a cap hit the next year.

That's my biggest beef, considering how good the games are getting at simulating the cap-strapped era of the NFL.
Old 08-18-2002, 03:37 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

In reply to:

1. Limited customization: Why in this day and age can't you edit EVERY ATTRIBUTE FOR EVERY PLAYER ON EVERY TEAM?!?!!?! It seems senseless to limit what we can do with our football title.

I don't know about 2K3 but Madden has lots of customization. Especially when it comes to attributes, which is obviously the most important thing. There are like 20 attributes which you can move up and down from 0-100. I don't know want more you could want from player customization. I love this game
Old 08-18-2002, 03:39 PM   #4
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

In reply to:

Why can't I watch (or play if I choose) ANY game that takes place in the franchise I'm playing? Why can't I?

This a must feature for 2K4 mulitplayer in franchise mode!!
Old 08-18-2002, 03:47 PM   #5
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

In reply to:

I don't know about 2K3 but Madden has lots of customization. Especially when it comes to attributes, which is obviously the most important thing. There are like 20 attributes which you can move up and down from 0-100. I don't know want more you could want from player customization.

Madden is far ahead of NFL2k3 in customization ability, but you're still limited in respects to total control for EVERY team (management level, coaching level..etc).

How about detailed per game statistics for EVERY GAME played in franchise mode? I mean EVERY game, not just the team you've taken under your wing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2002, 04:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I agree with TCrouch. If I need to fit a player under the cap I want to be able to give him like 1 million the first year, 3 million the 2nd year, and 5 million the 3rd year. We also need draft day trades, and multiplayer franchises.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:22 PM   #7
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

Bump.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Multiplayer franchise is what determined my buying madden. So me and my college roomates can play a franchise togther like we always do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »