Home

Do you think the Lions will make the playoffs?

This is a discussion on Do you think the Lions will make the playoffs? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will the Lions make the playoffs?
Yes. 23 38.98%
No, but they'll at least finish 8-8. 20 33.90%
No, and they won't get 8 wins either. 16 27.12%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Do you think the Lions will make the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Squeezy
I don't necessarily think it's a bad year for them, it may not be what some people expect out of them but I really don't think it's a bad year. Presuming Stafford doesn't get injured, I think their secondary is a bit of a problem (although it won't matter much if Suh and Fairley and beheading quarterbacks within milliseconds of the ball being snapped haha). In reality though I could see this team going 10-6 just as I can see them going 6-10, I can't really put my finger on it so I went with kind of a middle ground. I just think they're a year away from being ready to make the playoff jump.
Pretty bad was probably a stretch bc I wouldn't be shocked at 8-8 but I think that's the floor. I don't assume they'll make the playoffs, but bc of the other NFC teams more than them having a bad season.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #34
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I really don't have much faith in Stafford staying healthy. He was grimacing after some pretty light hits today.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #35
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

If Stafford stays healthy and Fairley can stay healthy once he's back, I could see the Lions finishing between 8-8 and 12-4. I say 12-4 because Minnesota should be 2 wins, Chicago could be 2 wins depending on how they play, and Green Bay will likely be split 1-1 but could go 2 wins or 2 losses.

I think we can beat New Orleans in a shoot out because Brees should be under more pressure then Stafford.

Will depend on which Atlanta team shows up to play us, if their week 1 team shows up we will crush them. Our secondary has actually played very well for who we have in the first 2 games. I doubt they can keep that up, but maybe they can with our D-line putting so much pressure on the QB's. Ryan has definitely been susceptible to getting sacked thus far.

Green Bay and San Diego will be our toughest games. They have great secondary's and they are going to test how good Stafford really is at reading the defense. BJ will be putting a lot of pressure on Stafford as well and will likely draw a couple holding calls against the offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »