Home

Week 2: Oakland Raiders at Buffalo Bills

This is a discussion on Week 2: Oakland Raiders at Buffalo Bills within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #9
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 2: Oakland Raiders at Buffalo Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Well, yeah. Raiders squeaked by the Broncos in a penalty fest. He also mentioned something about having to "come and deal with us now" even though the Raiders are coming to Buffalo. Which is good for Bills fans, because they won't get pissed on or assaulted in the parking lot

It is the internet, read the Raiders fans comments, just as bad.

Do you know what we've had to deal with for the last 11 years? Probably not. 1 good win on opening day is like going on a date with Scarlett Johannson. But no after party in the hotel with cameras, because you still might have to date Rosanne Barr next week.
Running with your analogy, acting cocky about THIS week bc of the win LAST week is like walking around with Rosanne Barr on your arm like you're the man bc of the date you had last week with Scarlett Johannson. In short, not a good look.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I expect the Buffalo air attack to put them up quickly, taking the Raiders running game out of it, leaving DHB and company to 'drop' the game for the Raiders. Coming off of an emotional win over a rival on the road in Denver and then traveling to the east coast is rough as it is for an undisciplined team, and I think it will show in this game.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Running with your analogy, acting cocky about THIS week bc of the win LAST week is like walking around with Rosanne Barr on your arm like you're the man bc of the date you had last week with Scarlett Johannson. In short, not a good look.
No doubt, but if Rosanne Barr beats you like a drum every week, you're gonna act weird from beaten spouse syndrome, or something

Not gonna say I'm defending them, because I'm still super suspicious that the Bills are just trolling us and are hiding something, but I can understand being exhilarated.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
No doubt, but if Rosanne Barr beats you like a drum every week, you're gonna act weird from beaten spouse syndrome, or something

Not gonna say I'm defending them, because I'm still super suspicious that the Bills are just trolling us and are hiding something, but I can understand being exhilarated.
lmao, touche
Old 09-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #13
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Well, yeah. Raiders squeaked by the Broncos in a penalty fest. He also mentioned something about having to "come and deal with us now" even though the Raiders are coming to Buffalo. Which is good for Bills fans, because they won't get pissed on or assaulted in the parking lot
If you read his full comments, he gives the Bills credit for last week - but he's right, every week in the NFL is different. We saw that last year when we finally beat the Chargers and then went and got embarrassed by the 49ers. Buffalo winning last week, as impressive as it was, doesn't suddenly make them some world beater or mighty team to be feared.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-the-chiefs/

You guys looked solid last week, but every game is different. That's what I took out of his comments, not any slight to Buffalo. When I saw you say Kelly had been '**** talking' I was expecting more than 'We're not the Chiefs'. But I guess people will stretch anything now and make it bulletin board material.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
You guys looked solid last week, but every game is different. That's what I took out of his comments, not any slight to Buffalo. When I saw you say Kelly had been '**** talking' I was expecting more than 'We're not the Chiefs'. But I guess people will stretch anything now and make it bulletin board material.
Nah, not really. I don't have a bulletin board and I think "bulletin board material" is overrated as an idea fans have anyway.

It is possible that we have different definitions of trash talking.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 09-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #15
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
For what it's worth, Raiders fans still have to deal with being pissed on at the Ralph.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Hilarious, sad and oh so very true...

Can't wait for this one...could tell the story of where these two teams are really heading...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »