Home

Week 7: Denver Gators vs Miami LOLphins

This is a discussion on Week 7: Denver Gators vs Miami LOLphins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #137
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Week 7: Denver Gators vs Miami LOLphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
I think the reasoning for a lot of people is the same reason people wanted to see Brett Favre lose, ESPN. ESPN wouldn't shut up about Brett Favre and they won't shut up about Tebow. The number one highlight of the night on SportsCenter was the Dolphins/Broncos game, no problem there, was an exciting game at the end and Chris Berman and Tom Jackson analyzed how Tebow did. So they go through some more games and then the anchors have to sit down with Trent Dilfer and analyze Tebow some more. Its just ridiculous.
Yeah, I get that. I do agree that the over-analysis is tiresome, but I don't relate that to Tebow. The media over-analyzes everything. If anything, like wwharton said, if people want that to stop they should hope for him to be decent (but not great). It's less of a story to cover if he comes in and performs ok from week to week.

I think it's different with Favre though. Favre seeks the attention and acts, in the minds of a lot of people, like a douche. Plus, the obsession with him boiled over to piss people off in the last several years out of a long career and mostly with Favre's "will he or won't he?" retirement drama. Tebow's only been around for a short time (relatively speaking) and is simply just an unpolished rookie QB who's still learning the position in the NFL.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:26 AM   #138
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
There are a ton of questions "about it." I don't think you understand how football operations and front office works. Pat Bowlen isn't going to sit around and watch his ticket sales plummet and his team turn into a national joke just for the CHANCE that they draft one kid. John Elway and John Fox have a job to do, and it isn't to set players up to fail. The job is getting wins. They need to know what Tim Tebow is.
Tebow is wildly popular already.Before he ever stepped foot on the field last year, he had the highest selling jersey in the NFL. Selling tickets will be no worry in the immediate future, as long as Tebow is playing. You don't think trading away your #1 receiver, who happened to lead the league in receiving last season, the week that Tebow is set to make his debut this season, is suspect at best? Fox knows he has at least 3 years to get Denver turned around and Elway and himself have already decided that Tebow isn't "their" guy. They want Tebow to fall on his face so they can "prove" their point and get a guy they both want.

My post had absolutely nothing to do with "suck for Luck", if that's what you thought I was referring to.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

Last edited by Scott812313; 10-26-2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: add
Old 10-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #139
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikeKing
No offense, but anyone that thinks a Head Coach is hoping for his QB to fail is a bit delusional IMO. Everything I've heard from John Fox shows nothing but support for the guy. No one could have blamed him if he decided to see what Orton/Quinn could do in the 4th quarter last game...but he stuck with Tebow. Not to mention that Fox's job security is ultimately linked to the team's success. If he puts out a QB that he intentionally lets fail, he is also making himself look like a bad coach.

Implying that Elway and Fox would make the Broncos look bad in order to prove to the fans that Tebow is not the answer is just absurd.
That's just my point. It wouldn't be the Broncos looking bad, in Elway and Fox's minds. It would be Tebow holding them back and trying to placate the fanbase that they gave the kid a shot and he couldn't get it done. It looked like it almost pained Fox, both on the sideline and in his press conference, that Tebow went HAM and pulled that game out Sunday. His forced, backhanded compliments were extremely transparent....
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 10-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #140
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Who do you think rules Denver? The Duke, or Tim Tebow? Because living here, I'll tell you: it's the Duke. If John Elway says "Tim Tebow can't play" then he can't play. The lil' bandwagon Gator-turned-Broncos fans will raise hell then move on to whatever team picked up / traded for Tebow. If John Elway was convinced that Tebow was harming the Broncos, he'd do something about it. Every single Broncos QB since 1999 has had to measure up against the legacy of John Elway, including Tim Tebow.

Last edited by Broncos86; 10-26-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #141
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
That's just my point. It wouldn't be the Broncos looking bad, in Elway and Fox's minds. It would be Tebow holding them back and trying to placate the fanbase that they gave the kid a shot and he couldn't get it done. It looked like it almost pained Fox, both on the sideline and in his press conference, that Tebow went HAM and pulled that game out Sunday. His forced, backhanded compliments were extremely transparent....
Your reach here would make plastic man proud. If any GM or coach made a move to "placate the fanbase" they'd be looking for a new job.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »