Home

Week 8: New Orleans Saints (5-2) @ St. Louis Rams (0-6) 1:00 ET FOX

This is a discussion on Week 8: New Orleans Saints (5-2) @ St. Louis Rams (0-6) 1:00 ET FOX within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #49
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Week 8: New Orleans Saints (5-2) @ St. Louis Rams (0-6) 1:00 ET FOX

I've posted, Watson, ABR and a few other Saints fans have posted. The only person who hasn't posted is Jmood and he was at the game so idk where you're going with that
Old 10-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #50
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Dont %100 agree with that. The saints played terrible so that helped alot. The only good player the rams have is Steve Jackson who is getting old.
Side note before I begin: I agree, Steven Jackson is getting up there in age for a RB.

James Laurinaitis is an up and coming MLB.
Chris Long is becoming one of the better DEs in the NFL.
Robert Quinn, while a rookie still, has tons of promise.
Sam Bradford.
Bradley Fletcher (On IR) a very solid starting CB.

Just to name a few.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #51
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Well, at least we know Steven Jackson is still an absolute beast when he's healthy.
I like Jackson, but I wouldn't say he's a beast having his first 100 yard game against the Saints. Our Linebackers suck and I am officially throwing Vilma into that group as well.

Tough loss not much to say, I wasn't really posting much when we ran the score up on Indy either. The turning point for us this season is our game against the Bucs if we beat them I'm pretty confident well make it (It may not be pretty) into the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 03:38 PM   #52
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Playcalling was a little questionable on both sides as with the usual why is Porter/Greer playing 10 yards off WRs.

I felt like we should have stuck with the run a little more when the game was still close, but there was little to do to be able to offset how bad our Offensive Tackles played today.

Didn't see this post earlier. Don't really want to rehash that nightmare, but dude when Greer dropped that interception in the red zone I almost broke my coffee table...... I'm assuming you read about the issues with the O-line and Nicks getting into it with the offensive line coach during the game...
Old 10-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #53
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
but I wouldn't say he's a beast having his first 100 yard game against the Saints
Jackson was a beast before yesterday though, as he's shown in previous seasons as well. Problem this year is he's been banged up and the fact that his team was winless prior to yesterday so not too many people were going consider him among the top RBs in the league. But when he's healthy, he's easily a Top 5 RB.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I like Jackson, but I wouldn't say he's a beast having his first 100 yard game against the Saints. Our Linebackers suck and I am officially throwing Vilma into that group as well.

Tough loss not much to say, I wasn't really posting much when we ran the score up on Indy either. The turning point for us this season is our game against the Bucs if we beat them I'm pretty confident well make it (It may not be pretty) into the playoffs.
There's only 3 more road games, though right. Against the Vikes, Bucs and Titans? If you lose all three, you'll still end up 10-6, which should qualify for the playoffs.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #55
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There's only 3 more road games, though right. Against the Vikes, Bucs and Titans? If you lose all three, you'll still end up 10-6, which should qualify for the playoffs.
We play the Bucs in New Orleans. We play Atlanta on the road.I put emphasis on this game because where going to be battling the Bucs all season for the Division, losing to them twice would not be an ideal situation.

Jackson's good, but top five RB right now? I've got A.P.,Rice,F.Jackson,M.Forte,Arian Foster. Then there's Lesean Mccoy, F. Gore (who is banged up),and Mendenhall. I don't think even when healthy right now you could consider him a top five. Top ten easily but top five is stretching it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I like Jackson, but I wouldn't say he's a beast having his first 100 yard game against the Saints...
How was he supposed to have had a 100 yard game this year before yesterday when,

A) He has already missed almost three full games.

and

B) His team was pretty much playing from behind in every game until yesterday and throwing it 80% of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »