Home

Week 9: New York Giants v. New England Patriots

This is a discussion on Week 9: New York Giants v. New England Patriots within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32
Week 9: New York Giants v. New England Patriots

I think the Giants don't stand a chance against the Patriots. The Giants defense won't be able to stop Brady once he gets started. If Eli is on his game then the Giants will be able to score some points because the Patriots defense isn't that good. You never know with Eli Manning he could go out and suck and throw for 170yds 1td and throw 4picks vs the Pats defense or he can go out and throw for 400 yds. 3TD's and 0 picks. I just can't tell with him. The Patriots and the Giants are my 2 favorite football teams so can't choose who I want to win. It's like who will I root for when the Cowboys and the Eagles play I hate them both so much. I want to see a good this week and not see the Giants get crushed to pieces by Tom Brady, Wes Welker, and Bill Bellicheck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Week 9: NY Giants vs the NE Patriots

considering the Rams shot themselves in the foot(thank you M. Martz) agianst the Pats' in the SB... I hate them... however, I feel the Giants gave me the most exciting SB ever by beating the Pats'...

I feel with the Giants being the team that stopped the Pats' from a perfect season... I'll say the Giants win... if only b/c of that reason... plus the fact that the NFL is a copycat league... the Steelers gave the G-men a blueprint for success... question is can they execute...

Go Giants...!!!!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

I need the Giants to take a loss this week to keep things interesting in the East. The division will really be up for grabs then. If they win, they'll be sitting in a pretty good position going into the second half of the season.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the Patriots will win, simply because they have to. If they lose this game and the Bills win, the Patriots will be in a tough battle to win the division.

Likewise to the Giants, if they lose with the Eagles getting hot it could be a key loss down the road.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Eli playing some outstanding football going into this show down with a horrible pass D from the Pats.

I think Giants surprise some people and win by a couple of possessions, could be a great game and I believe the first time these two have seen each other since the Super Bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Week 9: New York Giants v. New England Patriots

I think New England needs to do a little pounding the ball football with ben-jarvis green ellis. I think the Patriots pass WAY too much, and makes their defense play too much on the field. Their run game would be so much better if they stuck with it. Ellis gets like 6-0 attempts a game, then they throw in another back, then another. To me, that sends a signal, we don't really have a running game, and were not going to pound you with it. It also tells everyone of those runningbacks, no matter how you play, you wont get the carries to be a star, or make a name for yourself. To me, thats a bit of a downer if I run for the Patriots. Just my opinion.

If you want to beat Brady every single time you play him, you blitz the snot out of him. He turms into a totally different qb with pressure. Again, my opinion.

If the Giants get good pressure, it's going to be a close game. If not, Patriots all the way.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
This is a must-lose for the Giants, from my perspective. However, I definitely think it is a gm they can win. Pats D is nothing special any more, and there is not much of a pass rush.

If Giants corners can press like Pitts did, then the NYG frontline should provide enough pressure to give Brady fits.

Patriots are @ home....that gives them a major edge. Think it will be closer than most ppl think though.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Week 9: New York Giants v. New England Patriots

I'm looking forward to this game. The Pats are great, but they are vulnerable. Eli is playing well and we should be able to move the ball against their defense. We do need to run the ball better, though.

What worries me most are the Patriot TEs. They are very good route-runners and pass catchers, so we need to be aware of them at all times.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »