Home

Week 15 MNF: Steelers (10-3) at 49ers (10-3)

This is a discussion on Week 15 MNF: Steelers (10-3) at 49ers (10-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #153
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Week 15 MNF: Steelers (10-3) at 49ers (10-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
mad bro??

how bout everyone just go play madden with injuries off and shut the hell up. we lost big woop we are going to the playoffs!! and hopefully everyone is healthy then we can just shut everyone up and let the talking be on the field and not in forums or stupid yahoo articles and twitter. I see the 4 teams that have a chance winning it all are the PATS Steelers, saints , 49ers maybe the packers if everyone didnt watch the chiefs game and see how easy it is to beat that defense. thats about it good day everyone and happy god damn holidays
Nope. Nothing to be mad about. Check the scoreboard.
You're the one that seems to be mad. Should concentrate on your team winning the division so you don't have to go to Denver and get Tebow'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
SF doesn't have 11 wins by accident. SF was clearly the better team. Take your loss and move on.
As someone else said the last time you said that...yes they do. They should have at least one more,maybe three.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #154
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
This thread was dead too and the genius has to go and start ****.

What's funny is he says the Patriots have a chance at the Super Bowl then insults the Packers defense.
That's funny... but I thought the part about the Packers D now being exposed the best part. If only the Chiefs had played them earlier in the season. They'd only have 3 wins.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #155
MVP

OVR: 12

SF were the better team on the day.

Watching Ben hobble around makes me question the decision to make him play. He couldn't plant properly, nor escape the rush like he always does. If Tomlin didn't think that Batch or Dixon would be a better choice with 10 days of preparation, then he should cut them both. Coming back to finish the game against Cleveland was one thing, but allowing him to play against a strong D in that condition leaves me wondering who's running the show?

I love Ben's desire to play no matter what, but when the body doesn't agree, it's time to sit. Tomlin needs to park him until the playoffs, no questions asked.

Congrats SF fans, that is a well oiled D that gets instantly better when Willis returns. Good luck in the playoffs guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #156
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Excuses are all you've posted. And you continue to.

Injuries are part of every game. You think the Niners weren't missing people.

SF doesn't have 11 wins by accident. SF was clearly the better team. Take your loss and move on.

This wasn't a case of the Steelers beating themselves, the Niners clearly beat the Steelers.
Quote:
Yeah I do, and honestly when I made that post I didn't even see cjonesfan's post. I should've worded some of what I was saying better but really I was just trying to throw down some of my thoughts better. For sure, the 49ers defense did their job, the run game, even though I felt like Arians should've stuck with it more, they held in check and once the Steelers got to about the 49ers' 30, the defense buckled down and forced incompletions, they did what they had to. I don't know if the Steelers would've won with a healthy Ben, I just think the game would've gone differently, which is obvious, I would like to think they would've won, but who knows, the 49ers are a damn good team, and I think it would be awesome if they could get through the playoffs in the NFC, its nice to see them doing well again, wish we had a defense that could force turnovers like they do.
I already addressed that post a little bit further down the page, stop trying to restart a dead conversation. I've given plenty of credit to the 49ers.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!

Last edited by SteelersFreak; 12-22-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:15 AM   #157
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I already addressed that post a little bit further down the page, stop trying to restart a dead conversation. I've given plenty of credit to the 49ers.
And a heap of excuses and caveats.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #158
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
And a heap of excuses and caveats.
Well, hopefully these two make it to the Super Bowl so we can see the 49ers play with Patrick Willis and the Steelers play with a healthy Pouncey, Harrison and a healthier Ben. I've already said a lot of my excuses were because it was right after the game and they were just thoughts that were going through my head during the game and right after the game and since then I've given the 49ers more credit. At the end of the day none of the injury talk matters because the Steelers went with who they went with and the 49ers won the game, tripwire put it very well. I still think its unnecessary for you to come back in here trying to resurrect a conversation that had been over for an entire day just so you could get your little shots in.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #159
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

The 49ers are a good team and they showed it against the Steelers. I know Big Ben was hobbled, but the great Patrick Willis wasn't even in the game.

Having said that if we (Ravens) meet Pitt in the playoffs:

Please be hurt Ben, Please be hurt Ben, Please be hurt Ben.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »