Home

Week 16: *GARBAGE QB PLAN B* (7-7) @ Green Bay Packers (13-1) - The XMAS Massacre

This is a discussion on Week 16: *GARBAGE QB PLAN B* (7-7) @ Green Bay Packers (13-1) - The XMAS Massacre within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #89
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Week 16: *GARBAGE QB PLAN B* (7-7) @ Green Bay Packers (13-1) - The XMAS Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Rose

Going to be fun to watch Drew Brees slice up that secondary if they meet in the playoffs.
He did it before in much warmer weather and Rodgers still outscored Brees. Drop the temperature 50 or 60 degrees for a dome team and let's see what happens. Brees stats outdoors this season isn't very good compared to inside a dome.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #90
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Week 16: *GARBAGE QB PLAN B* (7-7) @ Green Bay Packers (13-1) - The XMAS Massacre

The Packers have to worry about any team that can score in the playoffs and hope they score more than them. Its been the philosophy all year. We cant stop them, but lets pray for a turnover, 4 plays later GB td.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He did it before in much warmer weather and Rodgers still outscored Brees. Drop the temperature 50 or 60 degrees for a dome team and let's see what happens. Brees stats outdoors this season isn't very good compared to inside a dome.
No he didnt. They threw the same amount of TDs and Brees threw for like 100 more yards. It was the fumble that cost the Saints.

And of course he's had better stats in a dome, any human playing the game of football should be better in a dome. It's ideal conditions.

Playoff football, anything can happen. Both the Saints and 9ers can do something the Packers can't, and thats run the ball consistently. That's pretty important in the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #92
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm more worried about the 49ers than the Saints. The temperature will matter it's going to drop 30-40 degrees than it was the 1st game. I think the Packers could keep up with Saints. But it's 49ers style of play that could give Packers alot more trouble.

Also 2 Key Parts that will be back for the playoffs, Jennings(You can tell the offense is completely different when he's in there) and Ryan Pickett a run stuffing DT. Who will help a bunch with stopping the running game.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #93
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Rose
No he didnt. They threw the same amount of TDs and Brees threw for like 100 more yards. It was the fumble that cost the Saints.

And of course he's had better stats in a dome, any human playing the game of football should be better in a dome. It's ideal conditions.

Playoff football, anything can happen. Both the Saints and 9ers can do something the Packers can't, and thats run the ball consistently. That's pretty important in the playoffs.
By Rodgers outplaying Brees, I meant the Packers came out on top, I don't really care about the one on one battle between Rodgers and Brees and who came out the stats leader. The bottom of line is who came out the winning team.

The running game has picked up lately, plus, who needs a running game when you have Rodgers firing on all cylinders? Also, the Packers use the pass to set up the run. The Packers ran the ball effectively in the playoffs last year with Starks and Grant is looking like himself again.

Of course, anything can happen in playoff football, look at the Packers last year. Last seeded team won the SB. How is that different than, Any Given Sunday?

Am I worried about returning to the SB? Of course, especially the way the D has been playing, but with HFA, I feel it's a plus on our side.

We'll see.

Last edited by roadman; 12-26-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #94
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

My only comment on this game is that Bell looked really good. As Collinsworth mentioned a bunch of times his runs were very patient, and he makes defenders miss quite well.

A good solid backup the Bears have there, would like to see more from him, see if he has what it takes to be a starter in this league. Or a #2 back who shares a lot of the workload.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #95
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
My only comment on this game is that Bell looked really good. As Collinsworth mentioned a bunch of times his runs were very patient, and he makes defenders miss quite well.

A good solid backup the Bears have there, would like to see more from him, see if he has what it takes to be a starter in this league. Or a #2 back who shares a lot of the workload.
Agreed. He had some nice cutback runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #96
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

I only saw Bell a couple plays, but he did look decent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »