Home

TNF Week 16: Houston Texans (10-4) @ Indianapolis Colts (1-13)

This is a discussion on TNF Week 16: Houston Texans (10-4) @ Indianapolis Colts (1-13) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2011, 12:21 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: TNF Week 16: Houston Texans (10-4) @ Indianapolis Colts (1-13)

Great game for the Colts. I like Texans to finish strong, but you just got to feel happy for the Colts because this win appeared to be more emotionally meaningful for them. The Texans shouldn't have kept this game close by not scoring enough touchdowns, but this is what typically happens when a rookie quarterback plays.

And yes, the Andrew Luck sweepstakes just got more interesting because say if the Rams or Vikings receives the 1st overall pick, they likely try to trade away the pick for a huge offer to a team who wants a quarterback of the future (Redskins, 49ers, Seahawks, Dolphins, Browns, Colts, Chiefs).
Old 12-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
Great game for the Colts. I like Texans to finish strong, but you just got to feel happy for the Colts because this win appeared to be more emotionally meaningful for them. The Texans shouldn't have kept this game close by not scoring enough touchdowns, but this is what typically happens when a rookie quarterback plays.

And yes, the Andrew Luck sweepstakes just got more interesting because say if the Rams or Vikings receives the 1st overall pick, they likely try to trade away the pick for a huge offer to a team who wants a quarterback of the future (Redskins, 49ers, Seahawks, Dolphins, Browns, Colts, Chiefs).
The 49ers won't be trading for a QB. We already have 3 young QB's.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 12-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
I know you're a Colts fan but I guess I don't really feel sorry for a group of players who are having their first year of not complete success in most of their careers.
I didn't say I felt sorry for them. I would never feel sorry for a multi million dollar athlete because he's not winning. Having said that, they are great players and as a Colts fan, having watched them their entire careers it is good to see them on the winning end again after a miserable season.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
The 49ers won't be trading for a QB. We already have 3 young QB's.
I'm still thinking about the Jim Harbaugh and Andrew Luck Stanford connection. Jim Harbaugh knows very well how talented Andrew Luck is. Plus I'm not sold on the rookie quarterbacks because the 49ers' didn't have to give up a first round pick for them and Alex Smith still only looks like a game manager.

But I do see the Redskins, Seahawks, and Browns being more aggressive for this possible trade.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #53
Rookie

TomBo24's Arena

OVR: 1

I've got mixed feelings too. I would love to have a healthy Peyton back so he can silence all of these NFL "experts" who think it's only downhill from here for his career. On the other hand, I know Peyton isn't getting any younger and is coming off a major injury. It would be nice to have our QB of the future waiting to take over the reigns, but if that means we would have to let go of Peyton, then I say keep on winning until we are out of the "Luck sweepstakes".

Great win tonight though. Really hope that this wasn't Reggie's last game as a Colt, if it was, he sure went out with a bang. The same goes for Mathis too. Thanks for all of the great years 87 and 98. You will be missed.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:06 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
I'm still thinking about the Jim Harbaugh and Andrew Luck Stanford connection. Jim Harbaugh knows very well how talented Andrew Luck is. Plus I'm not sold on the rookie quarterbacks because the 49ers' didn't have to give up a first round pick for them and Alex Smith still only looks like a game manager.

But I do see the Redskins, Seahawks, and Browns being more aggressive for this possible trade.
Haha. I'm sure you watch a ton of Alex Smith film.

This semi revival the Colts are having is so unbelieveable and counterproductive. Winning these meaningless games might cost them the chance to take their next franchise QB or trade for a bounty of picks to help Peyton, if healthy, make his last push. I just don't see why they would try to win this game at this point...
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 12-23-2011, 01:26 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

This semi revival the Colts are having is so unbelieveable and counterproductive. Winning these meaningless games might cost them the chance to take their next franchise QB or trade for a bounty of picks to help Peyton, if healthy, make his last push. I just don't see why they would try to win this game at this point...
Because that is their job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #56
MVP

Quote:

Being known as a game manager is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, Alex Smith is playing that role very well by not turning the ball over and completes a lot of short to medium passes to keep the offense on the field.

But the 49ers are 29th in passing yards, 31st in passing attempts, and 22nd in touchdowns and those numbers just scream game manager.

That defense is playing at such an elite level that having a game managing quarterback is good for them (kind of reminds me of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens). But in the future, they might need to rely on scoring more and it will all depend on if the San Francisco 49ers would want a quarterback who might give them a more aerial passing game.

Now the reason why the Colts are trying the win despite costing their chances with getting the 1st overall pick next year is because the players dictate a lot on what happens during a game, and I think they're just too competitive to just let an opposing team win no matter what is at stakes. Players only see winning as a good thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »