Home

London Super Bowl a possibility

This is a discussion on London Super Bowl a possibility within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: London Super Bowl a possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I'd rather them do this with the superbowl and/or probowl than with regular season games. Fans don't get to go to the superbowl unless they want to pay a lot of money, so it doesn't really matter where the game is.

Regular season games are taking away home games from their fans. Stop messing with the season, unless its preseason games, and you can play the superbowl where ever they want.
I couldn't agree more. Why screw the working fan out of 1 of 8 chances to see their team play. I'm sorry but preseason doesn't count to me. I never liked the idea of taking a home date from your core. I have no idea what the Rams think they are gonna, do other than try to get out of their lease. I don't really see to many Londoners making the treck to St. Loius for a "football" game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
So we go from only choosing domes and nice weather stadiums to potentially assuring it will be raining and/or the field will be absolute garbage. Great.
They call it expanding the game. Personally San Diego, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa, Arizona should be on a cycle to host the SB. But the NFL wants more international $$$, so I guess we should have a counter until there is a super bowl in China. I say under 5 years.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub78
Irsay has been saying a lot of dumb things recently this is just piling on. I dont think theres any chance for a SB to go overseas. Theres just too much money for the cities that get to host them for the owners to ever let it go out of their reach and its an incentive for NFL cities to build new stadiums with public funds because they get to recoup them with a SB.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
Irsay has been saying a lot of dumb things recently this is just piling on. I dont think theres any chance for a SB to go overseas. Theres just too much money for the cities that get to host them for the owners to ever let it go out of their reach and its an incentive for NFL cities to build new stadiums with public funds because they get to recoup them with a SB.
Partly true, but he didn't say anything new here, I've read about this before and i consider this them doing their due diligence to consider all the possibilities. It will not happen though. He never said it's possible, only the OP did, its nothing more than a talking point within the selection committee.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

They should just go ahead and put a team in London already.

Then next, maybe one in Toronto.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Partly true, but he didn't say anything new here, I've read about this before and i consider this them doing their due diligence to consider all the possibilities. It will not happen though. He never said it's possible, only the OP did, its nothing more than a talking point within the selection committee.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
bad reporting by CBS then becuase the headline on the story linked says "Irsay says Super Bowl in London is possibility"
Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #14
Banned

rdub78's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
bad reporting by CBS then becuase the headline on the story linked says "Irsay says Super Bowl in London is possibility"
Yeah exactly.

I only stated what the headline stated, and what Irsay was saying. Dont blame me!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #15
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I'd rather them do this with the superbowl and/or probowl than with regular season games. Fans don't get to go to the superbowl unless they want to pay a lot of money, so it doesn't really matter where the game is.

Regular season games are taking away home games from their fans. Stop messing with the season, unless its preseason games, and you can play the superbowl where ever they want.

I do agree and that logic makes sense, however you have to think of the economic implications of holding the Super Bowl in another country. A move like this would hurt the American workers (in essence fans) and cities that benefit from hosting the Super Bowl. If any gain is to be made from hosting the Super Bowl it should go back into the American workers pockets who have been supporting it year round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

They could hold it in Australia. What's the difference? I'm not going and so long as it's on Sunday night I'll be watching and so will everyone else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »