Home

LaLolron LoLandry

This is a discussion on LaLolron LoLandry within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #49
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon5 Re: LaLolron LoLandry

Well, no one can say LaRon Landry is sitting on his thumbs while recovering from a injury on during the offseason. To consistently grind through a rigorous training regime along with following a maniacal (in a positive way) diet shows serious dedication toward being as strong as he can, and I have to give him serious props in that regard.

However, with that said... I'm with edaddy and stiffarmleft in expressing concern about the knee and foot/ankle ligaments and elbow tendons being able to support the extra muscle mass while performing football actions at full intensity. Furthermore, how will his knee joints and shoulder joints hold up from the extra shock due to the additional forces that Landry is sure exert/absorb as a result of being stronger? A fluke injury/occurrence aside, it's tough for me to see Landry avoiding any potential problems with experiencing these scenarios in the near future.

Plus I would also have concern about hip flexibility and his ability to change directions while moving at/near top speed. Landry was never known to have swift hips since the beginning of his NFL career. So will his change-of-direction ability be hindered even more now with the added muscle? He'll have to answer that question with his play.

Kruza
Old 02-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #50
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: LaLolron LoLandry

@AdamdotH
Old 02-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #51
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah...that's odd.

Probably not a good thing for your safety to look like Terry Crews.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #52
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Yeah...that's odd.

Probably not a good thing for your safety to look like Terry Crews.
Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-POWER!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 22

Yeah, he gained that muscle...*looks left and right* naturally.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #54
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

I used to play football and basketball. And one year I basically lived in the weight room. Packing on 30+ pounds of muscle. Funny thing is I felt like a gump on the field/court. You lose flexibility and agility.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #55
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

This guy:

Quote:
Many Redskins fans assume that safety LaRon Landry has played his last game with Washington, largely due to his injury concerns. And in a Twitter conversation with one such fan early Tuesday morning, Landry suggested that the injury came after he ‘shot [the ankle] up’ in order to play for the Redskins. Obviously much of this is written in Twitter shorthand, but here’s the dialog. Go to Landry’s feed if you want to see it all.
Fan: we need answers...as a Skins fan, i feel im owed an explanation as to why u feel like its ok to go the same route as David Boston
Landry: lol not in my veins fam... Stay blessed
Fan: cool. well we’ll see come august. we dont need you tearing a bicep when you go to wrap tackle.
Landry: if u wanna get real homie we can put it on the table-talk about it!!! Nvr know at goes on behind the scenes but I’m blessed-ready
Landry: if it comes to that I persevere thru it!!! Don't forget achillies got like that bc I shot it up to play for y’all balee that
Fan: i watch every game, son. i remember. the fans concerned tho. pics surface of you muscled up beyond belief and it seems kinda off
Landry: u right I’m 218 no fat boss I just grind F sleep I can’t bc the thought of failure can’t do it!!! Respect tho homie
Fan: i’m not entirely sure what you’re saying, but my only point is we need you healthy more now that ever with Otogwe gone.
Landry: u know exactly wt I’m saying... Don’t lie to urself boss
Fan: the finer points of your syntax elude me sometimes.
Landry: respect
Landry: water getting to deep I know-get out ur doing right!!!
Fan: all im tryna figure out is if you think its safe to carry around a DE’s worth of muscle playing the saftey position. thats all
Landry: DE 218lbs.. .cmon man I’m done Lil bro do research or learn about the game!!! Lots of athletes are gifted only a few are SPECIAL!!!
Fan: yea u 218... but you gonna break down in the open field looking like this? what about ya hip swivel?
Landry: great art work of hard work you should try it clown instead of sitting on the couch criticizing- u lame Otta here!! Yyyeerrr
Fan: this aint about my workouts, bro. i’m doing fine. i just need know you wont resemble a ‘roided up body builder come Kickoff 2012
No reply.
123456loko
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 14

This made me laugh:

Fan: the finer points of your syntax elude me sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »