Home

Your Team's Dream Draft Class 2012

This is a discussion on Your Team's Dream Draft Class 2012 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #33
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Your Team's Dream Draft Class 2012

Round 1, Pick 3
Matt Kalil, OT

Kalil would be the main building block in building up our offensive line to what it once was. He's expected to be the next Jake Long/Joe Thomas of the NFL and that would really help in the running game, especially with Adrian Peterson projected to miss some time.

Round 2, Pick 3
Peter Konz, C

Konz, in my opinion, would be an instant upgrade at a position that I believe has been our weakest on the offensive line since we lost Matt Birk. I believe this would give us two players who could make it easier for whatever running back we have in the backfield.

Round 3, Pick 3
Brandon Washington, OG

I wouldn't normally take three offensive lineman in a row but in my opinion, Washington being here would make our left side of the line one to be reckoned with. Sure, three rookie starts on the offensive line seems disaster waiting to happen, but I believe all three of these guys are ready to step into the NFL right now and start.

Round 4, Pick 3
Vontaze Burfict, ILB

Ah, one of the most controversial players in the draft. So much upside, so much potential.. but so immature. We've yet to resign Henderson back, but even if we do, I think he'd be a good player for Burfict to learn from. Health is a big issue with Henderson, but I think on and off the field he'd be able to lead Burfict to one day be a face of the defense.

*I actually had Juron Criner here and Burfict going to the 5th round but I preferred the quality of Tommy Streeter with the next pick and taking Burfict here.

Round 5, Pick 3
Tommy Streeter, WR

Unfortunately, we've really only got one season to go off of him by and two quarterbacks throwing to him doesn't make it easy. Regardless, what I see is a possible steal in the draft, someone who could be a Randy Moss-type. He's an inch taller and a little bigger. Although a slower 40 time, he's still extremely fast for a 6'5" receiver and that's something that we need to open up the middle for Percy.

Round 6, Pick 3
DeVier Posey, WR

This is another thing I don't like to do and that's taking back-to-back wide receivers but with multiple places projecting Posey to drop because of the suspension, I just couldn't pass him up. He has the speed and can be physical and also made some of the top corners in the draft this year look silly during the Senior Bowl.

Round 7, Pick 3
Tank Carder, OLB

To me, this is a low risk, high reward pick. Carder has a huge motor and in things he may lack on the football field, he makes up with giving 120% while he's out on the field. I believe that with the leadership of Chad Greenway, Carder could work his way into the starting line-up and be a consistent starter for 6-8 years.

Round 7, Pick 16
Cliff Harris, CB

Now, let's be honest. Does anyone actually expect Harris to go undrafted? I sure don't. But then again, I was also shocked that his former teammate LeGarrette Blount went undrafted as well. I think we can all agree that he should be one of the top corners in the draft and I think most believe he is, but off the field issues may hurt his chance to get drafted so that's why I've waited until our final pick to draft him. He has the speed and athleticism to make up for any mistakes he has on the field. He should be able to keep up with most receivers as well which is something that has hurt our cornerbacks. They've got amazing coverage skills, but they aren't fast enough. What this pick also does is allows us to move Winfield back to safety where he should be able to excel even further.

Disclaimer: I did use CBS's Rankings to put this together. I know they are off of ESPN's at some points (Washington goes in the 3rd round in CBS, 5th on ESPN etc). Below is going to be an ESPN Draft so you guys can see what I'd do differently.

Round 1
Matt Kalil, OT

*Same as CBS "Mock"

Round 2
Devon Still, DT

Still could help solidify our Defense Line as one of the best in the league again by giving Kevin Williams a consistant partner in the trenches.

Round 3
Tommy Streeter, WR

*Same as CBS "Mock"

Round 4
Vontaze Burfict, OLB

*Same as CBS "Mock"

Round 5
Cliff Harris, CB

*Same as CBS "Mock"

Round 6
Brandon Washington, OG

*Same as CBS "Mock"

Round 7
Derek Moye, WR

This would give another big receiver, this one a little change of pace as Moye is more of a possession receiver but he gives you another big targer that will go up and get the ball.

Round 7
Josh Oglesby, OG

Oglesby could slip to the 7th round and if he does, he could help out on the other side of our offensive line as we'd put him next to Phil Loadholt. I believe Oglesby is one of the offensive lineman that can come into the league right away because of the pro system that Wisconsin runs.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by bigbob; 03-24-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Round 1, Pick 3
Matt Kalil, OT

Kalil would be the main building block in building up our offensive line to what it once was. He's expected to be the next Jake Long/Joe Thomas of the NFL and that would really help in the running game, especially with Adrian Peterson projected to miss some time.

Round 2, Pick 3
Peter Konz, C

Konz, in my opinion, would be an instant upgrade at a position that I believe has been our weakest on the offensive line since we lost Matt Birk. I believe this would give us two players who could make it easier for whatever running back we have in the backfield.

Round 3, Pick 3
Brandon Washington, OG

I wouldn't normally take three offensive lineman in a row but in my opinion, Washington being here would make our left side of the line one to be reckoned with. Sure, three rookie starts on the offensive line seems disaster waiting to happen, but I believe all three of these guys are ready to step into the NFL right now and start.

Round 4, Pick 3
Vontaze Burfict, ILB

Ah, one of the most controversial players in the draft. So much upside, so much potential.. but so immature. We've yet to resign Henderson back, but even if we do, I think he'd be a good player for Burfict to learn from. Health is a big issue with Henderson, but I think on and off the field he'd be able to lead Burfict to one day be a face of the defense.

*I actually had Juron Criner here and Burfict going to the 5th round but I preferred the quality of Tommy Streeter with the next pick and taking Burfict here.

Round 5, Pick 3
Tommy Streeter, WR

Unfortunately, we've really only got one season to go off of him by and two quarterbacks throwing to him doesn't make it easy. Regardless, what I see is a possible steal in the draft, someone who could be a Randy Moss-type. He's an inch taller and a little bigger. Although a slower 40 time, he's still extremely fast for a 6'5" receiver and that's something that we need to open up the middle for Percy.

Round 6, Pick 3
DeVier Posey, WR

This is another thing I don't like to do and that's taking back-to-back wide receivers but with multiple places projecting Posey to drop because of the suspension, I just couldn't pass him up. He has the speed and can be physical and also made some of the top corners in the draft this year look silly during the Senior Bowl.

Round 7, Pick 3
Tank Carder, OLB

To me, this is a low risk, high reward pick. Carder has a huge motor and in things he may lack on the football field, he makes up with giving 120% while he's out on the field. I believe that with the leadership of Chad Greenway, Carder could work his way into the starting line-up and be a consistent starter for 6-8 years.

Round 7, Pick 16
Cliff Harris, CB

Now, let's be honest. Does anyone actually expect Harris to go undrafted? I sure don't. But then again, I was also shocked that his former teammate LeGarrette Blount went undrafted as well. I think we can all agree that he should be one of the top corners in the draft and I think most believe he is, but off the field issues may hurt his chance to get drafted so that's why I've waited until our final pick to draft him. He has the speed and athleticism to make up for any mistakes he has on the field. He should be able to keep up with most receivers as well which is something that has hurt our cornerbacks. They've got amazing coverage skills, but they aren't fast enough. What this pick also does is allows us to move Winfield back to safety where he should be able to excel even further.
would be a great draft for the vikings
Old 03-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Here is a linebacker that lots of guys don't know about. The scouts know but fans don't. He IMO, is what most thought Burfict would be. DeMario Davis, Arkansas State. I'd take that guy in a heartbeat in the late 3rd or early 4th. His stock has risen so he might be taken earlier than the 4th. Not sure. He's got everything you want in a linebacker and can play outside or Inside. Burfict, IMO is on his way to the UDRFA list. He bombed the combine and did terrible at his pro-day. Not saying that people cannot turn it around, but these are not things scouts like to hear about possible 2nd and 3rd day picks.

Last edited by LBzrule; 03-24-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #36
Rookie

Melanconfan's Arena

OVR: 4

Two new versions for the Texans, one with a trade out of the first round, and one without.

With trade:

2: Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
2: Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State
3: Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
3: Mike Martin, NT, Michigan
4: Josh Kaddu, OLB, Oregon
4: Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M
5: Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M
6: Brandon Hardin, S, Oregon State
7: Randy Bullock, K, Texas A&M

Without:

1: Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois