Home

RG III vs Sam Bradford

This is a discussion on RG III vs Sam Bradford within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: RG III vs Sam Bradford

Build around Bradford and you have a Top 10 QB in my opinion. Any QB would be injury prone in the garbage offense McDaniels put together last year.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

It's just an easy choice for me to say they shouldn't even consider trading Bradford unless some team matched what they will get for the #2 pick. They need weapons around Bradford as I think he can be a good QB. Griffin is a good prospect, but i don't think Bradford is some slouch. If I'm St. Louis, I'm hoping Cleveland pulls out all stops for that #2 spot. They could get a good haul of picks, and only move back 2 spots.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Build around Bradford and you have a Top 10 QB in my opinion. Any QB would be injury prone in the garbage offense McDaniels put together last year.
Bradford had injury issues before McDaniels got there, and honestly an OC would have trouble with all of the oline and WR issues the Rams had. With that said, I agree with you (don't want to put a number on it like "Top 10" but Bradford has all the potential in the world).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
It's just an easy choice for me to say they shouldn't even consider trading Bradford unless some team matched what they will get for the #2 pick. They need weapons around Bradford as I think he can be a good QB. Griffin is a good prospect, but i don't think Bradford is some slouch. If I'm St. Louis, I'm hoping Cleveland pulls out all stops for that #2 spot. They could get a good haul of picks, and only move back 2 spots.
So what if they could get the same amount for Bradford as they would for the #2 pick? That would mean they could draft RG III and build around him in the same way... would it then make sense (again, assuming the monetary difference doesn't exist)?

I think what I'm trying to wrap my head around is the value of a player that was expected to be very good (drafted #1 overall) that we've seen in the pros have a moderate level of success (not enough to say he'll be great but definitely not looking like a bust) vs a player expected to be very good that we haven't seen at the pro level at all. I think I'd still stick with Bradford. Seems like a lot agree, but maybe weren't looking at it quite like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Bradford had injury issues before McDaniels got there, and honestly an OC would have trouble with all of the oline and WR issues the Rams had. With that said, I agree with you (don't want to put a number on it like "Top 10" but Bradford has all the potential in the world).

So what if they could get the same amount for Bradford as they would for the #2 pick? That would mean they could draft RG III and build around him in the same way... would it then make sense (again, assuming the monetary difference doesn't exist)?

I think what I'm trying to wrap my head around is the value of a player that was expected to be very good (drafted #1 overall) that we've seen in the pros have a moderate level of success (not enough to say he'll be great but definitely not looking like a bust) vs a player expected to be very good that we haven't seen at the pro level at all. I think I'd still stick with Bradford. Seems like a lot agree, but maybe weren't looking at it quite like that.
If they could get the same exact package for Bradford, I think they'd do that one in a heartbeat. 1. RGIII will be significantly cheaper than Bradford financially. 2. I just haven't seen anything from Bradford so far to suggest that he'll ever be a great QB. He's looked ok so far in his career, but nothing that I would say is even good in my opinion. Meanwhile, RGIII is a freak of a prospect. 4.4, borderline 4.3 speed, great arm, great accuracy on the deep ball, and pretty much a certified genius. You don't see that come around very often.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Regardless of the answer to the question, I think the Rams are financially tied to Bradford beyond all recourse, at least in the short-term. Wasn't he the last number one draft choice before rookie contract slotting came into effect?

I don't know if you can give up on Bradford yet, either. It's not like he's stunk up the joint like Jimmy Clausen.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #14
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

I think it could make sense then just because it would allow them to not be shackled by Bradford's contract. I would have a hard time trading a #1 pick within 2 years though. However, I would probably end up doing it at this point.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:12 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Bradford hasn't even truly gotten a fair shot yet IMO. At least give him some talent before considering shipping him out. Hell, his best receiver has probably been Steven Jackson.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 AM   #16
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Bradford hasn't even truly gotten a fair shot yet IMO. At least give him some talent before considering shipping him out. Hell, his best receiver has probably been Steven Jackson.
Not only is this a sad but true statement but you could also make the case that SJax is his best blocker too.

I read a rumor the other day about the Redskins potentially offering up their 1st (no. 6 ovr), 2nd, 3rd and next years 1st round pick for the no. 2 overall pick this year. Which in my opinion, would be a slam dunk for us/The Rams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »