Home

Gregg Williams ran a bounty system in NOLA

This is a discussion on Gregg Williams ran a bounty system in NOLA within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Gregg Williams ran a bounty system in NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
Yeah that's what I meant, I know it's against the rules, but in my mind cheating is doing something to gain a benefit over someone else. For example, taking steroids.
Going against ANY rule is cheating... and the intent is always to gain a benefit over your opponent. Otherwise, why do it? Better yet, why have a rule against doing it? Cheating is the right word. The reaction to this style of cheating should be appropriate for what it is vs some other things but it's definitely cheating.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #34
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Well Gregg Williams will be out of a job soon. I wonder if Brees loves the city or his team more. My gut tells me he loves the city more.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #35
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Going against ANY rule is cheating... and the intent is always to gain a benefit over your opponent. Otherwise, why do it? Better yet, why have a rule against doing it? Cheating is the right word. The reaction to this style of cheating should be appropriate for what it is vs some other things but it's definitely cheating.
Yeah good point man, and the punishment will be pretty bad for this. Just had one thought of what cheating was in my mind without really thinking of the other part, of not physically gaining an advantage but gaining an advantage another way. My bad guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #36
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm sure this happens more often than people think.

Here are some reactions from around the league.

Jay Feely
@jayfeely
No place in NFL for bounties. Physical play is an attribute but malicious intent should be removed

Chris Kluwe
@ChrisWarcraft
I mean seriously, think about it. You're talking about paying someone to INTENTIONALLY injure someone else. They put people in JAIL for that

Damien Woody
@damienwoody
This 'bounty' program happens all around the league...not surprising

Keith Bulluck
@kbull53
So bounties taint the Saints the last 3 years?!? Is actually recording your opponent practicing before you play them worse?!?

Chris Harris
@ChrisHarrisNFL
Football is a violent game n just because someone is hit very hard doesn't mean it's malicious

Boomer Esiason
@7BOOMERESIASON
Bonuses given to Saints players if they injured opponents and knocked them out of the game. Any coach associated with this should be fired.

Mark McMillian
@MarkMcMillian29
Roger Goodell says #Saints bounty program involved payments for injuring opposing players. Who was the rat that told #DAMSHAME

Jonathan Vilma
@JonVilma51
I either picked da best or worst time to tweet abt my laundry...
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 03-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #37
Banned

rdub78's Arena

OVR: 0

Eh, I see why it's a big deal but personally I could care less.

In my opinion, this kind of crap is over-rated. Opposing QBs are always targeted, whether or not the word “bounty” is used, and players able to take out studs on the other side always get paid, regardless of what it’s called.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #38
Banned

rdub78's Arena

Chris Kluwe
@ChrisWarcraft
I mean seriously, think about it. You're talking about paying someone to INTENTIONALLY injure someone else. They put people in JAIL for that

This is the dumbest thing I have heard. Dont defensive players always try to hurt or punish opposing players? They put people in jail for LEGAL things they do on a football field if it occurs outside that realm, so this is all kinds of stupid.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
Well Gregg Williams will be out of a job soon. I wonder if Brees loves the city or his team more. My gut tells me he loves the city more.
He's in STL now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
Yeah good point man, and the punishment will be pretty bad for this. Just had one thought of what cheating was in my mind without really thinking of the other part, of not physically gaining an advantage but gaining an advantage another way. My bad guys.
It's all good. Asked and answered.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #40
Banned

rdub78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
There's different degrees of cheating. There's a reason for the saying "if ya aint cheating you aint trying."

Baseball players try to steal signs, or pitcher doctor the ball. Basketball players flop to get a call and make it look like they got hammered hard, isnt that all then considered a type of cheating?

You try to get any little advantage any way you can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »