Home

Why all the love for Matt Flynn?

This is a discussion on Why all the love for Matt Flynn? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
When you actually look how the contract is setup, Flynn is being paid an annual salary less than Tarvaris Jackson for the first year or two I think. I'm gonna say we signed him at pretty much no risk

Last edited by thaima1shu; 04-14-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #10
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Why all the love for Matt Flynn?

I think 6 TD's and 400+ yards may have been the best stats ever put up by a backup. It was pretty crazy.

He's been getting hype for a while, obviously he's talented. Whether or not he's capable of being a solid starter remains to be seen, but I personally feel like a team like Seattle which would be so much better with a good QB definitely made a good choice taking a shot on him whether he pans out or not.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Matt Flynn showed more in his games then Matt shuab ever did in Atlanta
It's nowhere near that easy to make that call.

As a Falcon, Schaub had a fine game (300 yards and three touchdowns) against the New England Patriots back when they were regarded as one of the best defenses in the league. He also had a reasonably good game against Philadelphia when they were a more highly-regarded defense and also a nice effort against a playoff-bound Seattle team in 2004.

Flynn also has a nice start against New England to his credit in the Packers' Super Bowl year to go along with that bonkers game he had against Detroit last year. I'd argue that neither defense Flynn faced was as good as either defense Schaub faced while starting in Atlanta in his key games played, but that's pulling teeth; both did a good job when given opportunities to show they belonged in the NFL.

I think Flynn will do just fine in Seattle so long as that team continues to improve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
I know what Schaub did, I seen all those games an I still feel like Flynn has shown more.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:16 AM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
I know what Schaub did, I seen all those games an I still feel like Flynn has shown more.
I won't necessarily object to that opinion; the original implication I gathered and to which I objected was that Flynn has shown obviously more potential and ability than Schaub did through his time in Atlanta. As someone who has followed Schaub since he won the starting quarterback job at Virginia as a redshirt sophomore, it's my opinion that he had shown NFL potential for a long time before Houston acquired him.

I do think Flynn has the ability to follow a similar career arc to Schaub.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #14
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
I won't necessarily object to that opinion; the original implication I gathered and to which I objected was that Flynn has shown obviously more potential and ability than Schaub did through his time in Atlanta. As someone who has followed Schaub since he won the starting quarterback job at Virginia as a redshirt sophomore, it's my opinion that he had shown NFL potential for a long time before Houston acquired him.

I do think Flynn has the ability to follow a similar career arc to Schaub.
They look pretty similar. Not gonna wow you with their arm of physical abilities but have the stuff to get the job done. Once Flynn get the offense down in Seattle I feel he we be a fine QB for them an lead them to the playoffs.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
Rookie

WatUpDoe's Arena

OVR: 0

He looks way more promising than Kevin Kolb did last year and Flynn wasn't traded for a pro bowl corner and a 3rd round pick. I think Flynn will go further than Kevin Kolb did last year. I could see why people hate him though, it's because he played for the Packers and had an amazing game but when you look at the weapons the Packers have
Spoiler
and what defense they were playing
Spoiler
any decent back up quarterback could of done that and the fact that he got starter money gets a lot of people mad aswell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #16
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatUpDoe
the fact that he got starter money gets a lot of people mad aswell.
The fact that he's going to (more likely then not) be the starter is the reason he got "starter" money in the first place, and I wouldn't even consider that starter money seeing as he's not even the highest paid quarterback for the upcoming year on the Seahawks and there's three back-ups that are being paid more then him for the 2012 season as well.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »