Home

Mini Camp News

This is a discussion on Mini Camp News within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Mini Camp News

Yippie, Mini Camps for the rookies were held this week. Ravens started yesterday.

Can't wait until later this month for passing camps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Re: Mini Camp News

Post other videos here if you have any. Linebacker coach Ted Monachino was pretty impressed with Upshaw in the first day. Got a long way to go though so I'll hold off enthusiasm. Can't wait to see him out there with the defense. I think him and Kruger will have a good year. Hopefully Sergio Kindle can actually do something. He's the mystery piece no one is talking about. All that can be said of him is that last year Jarrett Johnson said he would be a guy to look out for in the future because he was tearing it up in practice. So we'll see.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Everybody's raving over Upshaw right now. It's possible he, Kruger and Kindle can get after the QB but which one can drop back in coverage when needed?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Everybody's raving over Upshaw right now. It's possible he, Kruger and Kindle can get after the QB but which one can drop back in coverage when needed?
Well I think you just let them do what they do best, and that's get after the QB. Kruger did some dropping in coverage last year and he wasn't bad at it. I don't think you can ask any of them to man up anyone though.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Well I think you just let them do what they do best, and that's get after the QB. Kruger did some dropping in coverage last year and he wasn't bad at it. I don't think you can ask any of them to man up anyone though.
Yeah, I agree. With DB being a strength now (funny to think how quick that changed) maybe they'll work in more nickel packages than before if necessary. If Suggs can actually get back to something worth mentioning by November (not holding my breath) then things may be even better, rather than worse than last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, I agree. With DB being a strength now (funny to think how quick that changed) maybe they'll work in more nickel packages than before if necessary. If Suggs can actually get back to something worth mentioning by November (not holding my breath) then things may be even better, rather than worse than last year.
I think our DB situation is the key that can help offset the loss of Suggs. Pees will just have to bring a lot of pressure and rely on the secondary talent. I think that will get it done for us. The biggest thing is the offense MUST improve. They cannot come out flat in the first half like they did on several occasions last year.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Well there was going to be a nice 3 way battle at Defensive end this year, but that won't be the case w/ Bowers tearing his Achilles.

Hearing good things about Baron. He seems to be the enforcer we've been missing since John Lynch.

I'm curious to see how the RB battle turns out between Blount and Martin. A lot of people seem to think that Martin will eventually take the number one spot since he appears to be the better all around back. Them taking Michael Smith in the seventh round makes me wonder if they're prepared for Blount to mail it in once his spot is taken.

Mike Williams went from rookie of the year candidate to potentially being labeled Michael Clayton 2.0. The number 2 spot will be a toss up between him Benn, and Briscoe. I don't think Underwood is good enough to jump over them, but you never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

From Bengals camp: offense vs. defense http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...9-cec55730adc5

linebacker drills: Burfict (#55 looks kinda ehhh so far...http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...nelName=Recent

Marvin seemed to gush about Kirkpatrick in the wrap up press conference, and I'm anxious to see how Orson Charles might change to look of the offense. For the longest time, the fullback played a huge role for the Bengals in the run game as an outlet receiver. There were times you'd forget there were any TE's on the roster. Now with Charles and Gresham, they might wind up one of the more formidable TE duos outside of New England.

And I don't know if Marvin is being cagey about the loss of Jerome Simpson, but he seems high on Sanu, said he should push for a starting job.

I was really looking for some feedback on how Burfict. Didn't really have a lot to say, but did mention he'd have to be a big contributor on special teams to stay around.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 05-18-2012 at 11:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »