Home

Best QB in the NFL

This is a discussion on Best QB in the NFL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 04:38 AM   #57
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon10 Re: Best QB in the NFL

I might be the only guy on the planet who think Rodgers is slightly overrated. He's great...no doubt, but he has lot of talent around him and when the talent doesn't play well, he doesnt play quite as well. I think Brady is better at making his teammates better and flat out winning.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #58
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Greg Jennings is elite no doubt but everyone else is average. Finley is a talented te who has a case of the drops. Their run game sucks an OL is average at best. That's my view on his surrounding talent.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #59
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Greg Jennings is elite no doubt but everyone else is average. Finley is a talented te who has a case of the drops. Their run game sucks an OL is average at best. That's my view on his surrounding talent.
You are right, however, it is a decent argument to make.

Brady did a lot with much less in his early NE years.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #60
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Peyton
5. Eli

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #61
Rookie

jamie1981's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Eli is a real real real good QB, but he is not Top 3.

One of these days we will come to the realization that we give QBs too much credit and too much blame.

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Thank you! If a QB wins a superbowl, it doesn't make him elite. If he doesn't win, it doesn't mean he isn't an elite QB.

Sent from my 1983 Motorola DynaTAC mobile phone

My Teams:
Penn State Nittany Lions
Florida State Seminoles
Seattle Seahawks
Philadelphia Flyers
Philadelphia Phillies
Baltimore Orioles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #62
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
I think you can certainly make the case that Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, and Finley are perhaps the best 1-5 receiving targets in the league. Jennings and Driver have been solid before Rodgers became the starter so Rodgers definitely has some talent around him.

He's still one of the best but I just would not put him over Brady whose transformed from a tough ball control qb, to a deep passing attack QB, to a spread QB and has remained great throughout all different types of receivers and coordinators.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #63
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees

I think it's pretty clear.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #64
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
You are right, however, it is a decent argument to make.

Brady did a lot with much less in his early NE years.
Not really... that's the argument for people who think the offense and defense play on separate teams. This isn't a knock on Brady but the early years you're talking about, NE had a ball control offense with top defenses and consistent special teams. If we're looking at the entire team, I'd say he had more talent early on than now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I think you can certainly make the case that Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, and Finley are perhaps the best 1-5 receiving targets in the league. Jennings and Driver have been solid before Rodgers became the starter so Rodgers definitely has some talent around him.

He's still one of the best but I just would not put him over Brady whose transformed from a tough ball control qb, to a deep passing attack QB, to a spread QB and has remained great throughout all different types of receivers and coordinators.
That's all true about Brady but I don't know how anyone can knock a rank of a player bc they haven't been put in position to do what another player has had a chance to. And Driver doesn't deserve a place in this discussion. He may be the 5th option on that team at this point. He's not the player you're talking about, who was putting up stats with Favre... and can we really say they were all good before Rodgers with no connection to the HOF QB that was passing them the ball then too?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »