Home

Art Modell dead at 87

This is a discussion on Art Modell dead at 87 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Art Modell dead at 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
As an individual organization, they shouldn't. But, along with all the others, as a member of the NFL they should. Much like Al Davis, he played an important role in the league being as successful as it is today.
Al Davis did so much more for the League than Art ever did.

If the NFL is going to force them to do something, the Browns should do literally the least amount they are forced to do.

The team and the city is being forced into an outrageous spot. I don't remember the Ravens having to honor Irsay when he died...

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
League mandated that all teams must honor Modell.

That includes Cleveland.

This could be interesting.
Are the Browns opening the season at home? If so that could be um...Let's just say it'll look Cleveland look bad as I have a feeling a ton of people will disrespect the moment of silence and boo like crazy.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #19
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Are the Browns opening the season at home?
Yes.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #20
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Yes.
Ohhhhh boy!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Al Davis did so much more for the League than Art ever did.

If the NFL is going to force them to do something, the Browns should do literally the least amount they are forced to do.

The team and the city is being forced into an outrageous spot. I don't remember the Ravens having to honor Irsay when he died...
Did the league honor Irsay? Seems like your beef is with the NFL decision. As a member of the NFL I think all teams should... individually, we should (Baltimore) and then maybe anybody else that wants to, but since it's an NFL thing that includes the Brownies too. People can boo, that's what they do. I'd personally take the 30 seconds or less to honor the good the man did do, but I wouldn't expect everyone to feel the same way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #22
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

All of the good football things Modell did in Cleveland vanished when he moved the team.

Since this is an NFL game, and the NFL is demanding it, no, I won't be honoring his memory. If I was going to the game, I'd boo. Just because he is dead doesn't change my opinion of what he did. And I'm not attacking his family either, I feel sympathy for his family and their hardships now, but the man himself...no. He doesn't deserve my respect as a Cleveland Football fan.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
All of the good football things Modell did in Cleveland vanished when he moved the team.

Since this is an NFL game, and the NFL is demanding it, no, I won't be honoring his memory. If I was going to the game, I'd boo. Just because he is dead doesn't change my opinion of what he did. And I'm not attacking his family either, I feel sympathy for his family and their hardships now, but the man himself...no. He doesn't deserve my respect as a Cleveland Football fan.
Do what you gotta do. I'm just saying I don't think it should be a problem for the Browns to comply with the NFL on this... and happily. Browns fans are a different story. Like I said, I wouldn't look at the situation that way but everybody's different.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #24
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

With you fully, it is absolutely moronic of the NFL to say Cleveland has to honor him.

The guy took football away from the city of Cleveland, **** him.

I'm not celebrating his death or anything, but I'm not mourning his loss either. I had no respect for him while he was living and I have none for him now that he has passed. I'm sympathetic to his family because they just lost a family member.

I'm with you though, if I was there I'd be booing him as loud as I could.

The NFL should know better than to force this moment of silence upon Cleveland, they know there is no chance in hell it will be anything but a chorus of boos and its only going to make Cleveland look bad when in reality they have no reason to honor him after what he did to Browns fans.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »